Lebron James Biopic "Shooting Stars" cast is set

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
THR is reporting that Marquis “Mookie” Cook, a high-ranking high school basketball player, has been cast as NBA superstar LeBron James in Shooting Stars, Universal and SpringHill Co.’s adaptation of the 2009 book by James and Buzz Bissinger.

The cast also includes Stranger Things star Caleb McLaughlin, Scoot Henderson, Avery Wills, and Khalil Everage as James‘ teammates along with Wood Harris, Algee Smith, Natalie Paul, Katlyn Nichol, and Dermot Mulroney.

James and Bissinger’s Stars chronicled how James and his best friends in Akron formed a close-knit bond that sustained them through a failed national championship tournament and winning a title by the end of high school. Along the way there were plenty of tests, such as broken homes, jealousies and even James’ own mega-success.

McLaughlin is playing Dru Joyce III, a best friend and the son of the boys’ coach, Dru Joyce II, who is played by Harris. Henderson will portray teammate Romeo Travis. Wills (Swagger) is Willie McGee, while Everage (Cobra Kai) takes on the role as group enforcer Sian Cotton.

Smith is Illya McGee. Mulroney is Coach Keith Dambrot, Natalie Paul is playing James’ mother, Gloria, while Katlyn Nichol, is James wife, Savannah James.

Basketball Star Mookie Cook to Play LeBron James in ‘Shooting Stars’ – The Hollywood Reporter

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Would hit harder if they waiting awhile for this. At least when the guy retires. I would make his biopic when he's like 10 to 15 years removed from the NBA

People want content now. No guarantee most of us will even be here 10–15 years. Remember what Busta said “there’s only 5 years left”

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Caleb and Wood Harris carried this

Scoot and Mookie were serviceable as Romeo and Bron

Whoever they casted for Savannah was beautiful. Hell, Gloria was bad in this too

The basketball scenes could have been better in my opinion. Mookie tried his best to mimic Bron's dunks and facial expression, just didn't work for me

Overall 8/10

On a side note, Wood Harris deserved a Emmy for his portrayal as Spencer Haywood in Winning Time

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
shyt was dope kid who played LeBron killed this

Scoot was mad out of place