LeBron is officially cooked. Come pay your respects

Daps
Goddamn this is idiocy. Bron wasn't GM at all for the first run Cavs (and they were just as bad when he got there as when he left), that leaves:

Heat: 4 Finals appearances and 2 rings in 4 years, when he left the starting lineup was solid with Dragic-Wade-Deng-Bosh-Whiteside, that core fell apart due to injuries but they retooled and were back in the Finals 5 years later.

Cavs: 4 Finals appearances and 1 ring in 4 years, last year he was there he didn't get to have a say in any of the trades because they were retooling for the future and they've done a decent job of building back up.

So what team did he leave in shambles? He's literally gotten a ring with every team he's been on, if there was a GM who had built 4 different championship rosters on 3 different squads he'd be in the Hall of Fame on the first ballot. Of course LeBron has a cheat code because he's managed to win rings with deficient rosters, but he's certainly not a "bad" GM. I'd say he's about an average GM, which is pretty fukking amazing because all the others are doing it as a full-time job and for him it's just the side gig.
Never thought about it that way, you made some very valid points.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This.

I remember distinctly Dan Gilbert passing on acquiring prime Amar’e Stoudemire for fukking J.J. Hickson.

J.J. Hickson.

J.J. HICKSON :martin:

From 2001-2013, their top-10 picks outside of LeBron were: DeSangana Diop, Dajuan Wagner, Luke Jackson, Tristan Thompson, Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett

So basically a serviceable but underwhelming big, a crazy person, and five busts.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
From 2001-2013, their top-10 picks outside of LeBron were: DeSangana Diop, Dajuan Wagner, Luke Jackson, Tristan Thompson, Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett

So basically a serviceable but underwhelming big, a crazy person, and five busts.

This is why it amazes me that people are angry about LeBron attempting to have more control over who comes in to play with him on whatever team he’s on.

A lot of these cats are too young to remember what went down in that first Cleveland stint. That front office cost LeBron multiple shots at championships, and then BLAMED him when he left that buffoonery.

The popular talking point a couple years ago was that Bron was simply too good too fast and it cost Cleveland draft picks but history has shown the Cavs were inept at acquiring/drafting talent. Kyrie was their one bright spot after LeBron. That’s nearly a decade worth of bad acquisitions before getting a competent player.

We can safely say the Westbrook thing didn’t work out. But the Miami move, Kevin Love acquisition, and Anthony Davis move have proven LeBron is at least better than Cleveland’s front office. 4 rings to Cleveland’s 1, and the one Cleveland got is BECAUSE of Bron.

:youngsabo:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Then they traded JJ Hickson to the Kings for Omri Casspi and a first round draft pick they never got to use.
:mjlol:

Breh :dead:

I’ve been talking about this front office for over 10 years at this point lol

The fact is Gilbert was using LeBron to increase revenue, instead of investing that revenue into the team.

He was like a less obvious Donald Sterling. He was completely uninterested in winning games, and more concerned with packing the Q.

Shyt, I don’t even believe he has any intention of winning right now, even though Cleveland is looking good.