LeBron is officially cooked. Come pay your respects

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Greatest player of his era, but also the worst GM in the league. Every team he leaves is in shambles

Goddamn this is idiocy. Bron wasn't GM at all for the first run Cavs (and they were just as bad when he got there as when he left), that leaves:

Heat: 4 Finals appearances and 2 rings in 4 years, when he left the starting lineup was solid with Dragic-Wade-Deng-Bosh-Whiteside, that core fell apart due to injuries but they retooled and were back in the Finals 5 years later.

Cavs: 4 Finals appearances and 1 ring in 4 years, last year he was there he didn't get to have a say in any of the trades because they were retooling for the future and they've done a decent job of building back up.

So what team did he leave in shambles? He's literally gotten a ring with every team he's been on, if there was a GM who had built 4 different championship rosters on 3 different squads he'd be in the Hall of Fame on the first ballot. Of course LeBron has a cheat code because he's managed to win rings with deficient rosters, but he's certainly not a "bad" GM. I'd say he's about an average GM, which is pretty fukking amazing because all the others are doing it as a full-time job and for him it's just the side gig.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Wasn't directing that at you, I just think the player/gm talk is all stupid. Guys have influence, but nobody is filling out entire rosters, making final decisions on contracts etc. Bron has def initated 3 major trades, Love, AD and Westbrook. First two resulted in 2 chips and 5 Finals appearances the last one was an unmitigated disaster. None of that makes him the defacto GM, but if we're going to feed into that narrative we gotta judge him how we judge every other GM in every other sport and the track record speaks for itself. All the other stuff is noise.

And the biggest other signings you could give him credit for are Ray Allen and JR Smith, both of which had a direct impact on titles. I think KCP and Rondo coming back were heavily his doing as well, and those were basically the Lakers' #3/#4 guys for the 2020 title.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said it last week during the Denver game that there's no way we're both the same age. shyt is unreal.
i'm most impressed by the fact that his knees haven't given up 10 years ago with the amount of miles he has on him. You have to be a bit older to appreciate what LeBron is doing physically and mentally.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Imagine if Bron and the Cavs TANKED during their first stint and was gifted 5 first round picks in the span of 4 years like they were from 2011 to 2014

They had a lineup of

Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Lebron James
Lamarcus Aldridge
Dwight Howard

:mindblown:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

I agree with you on that, which makes what LeBron is doing even more incredible.

Those videos are 2017-2019. Yet Vince never averaged even 15ppg, 4pg, or 3apg after 2010. Back in 2013 was the last time he shot 42% from the field, and 2014 was the last season he averaged double-digits. Even with that much athleticism left in the tank, he needed a lot more to be a factor in today's NBA.

LeBron's athleticism has declined significantly, especially in terms of stamina and late-game burst, and you can tell he can't move anything like the young guys. Yet he's still out there at 38yo putting up 27-9-7 on nearly 50% shooting with over 1650 NBA games under his belt. We've never seen anything like this.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Imagine if Bron and the Cavs TANKED during their first stint and was gifted 5 first round picks in the span of 4 years like they were from 2011 to 2014

They had a lineup of

Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Lebron James
Lamarcus Aldridge
Dwight Howard

:mindblown:

Nah, you don't remember that Cavs front office. They would have drafted

Emeka Okafor
Ray Felton
Adam Morrison
Yi Jianlian

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nah, you don't remember that Cavs front office. They would have drafted

Emeka Okafor
Ray Felton
Adam Morrison
Yi Jianlian

This.

I remember distinctly Dan Gilbert passing on acquiring prime Amar’e Stoudemire for fukking J.J. Hickson.

J.J. Hickson.

J.J. HICKSON :martin: