LeBron is officially cooked. Come pay your respects

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Bron has a great game/moment: “Look at what he’s doing in his 20th season!”:gladbron:

Bron has a bad game/moment: “He’s in his 20th season, what do you expect??” :gucci:

We lost the game:coffee:
this is the most annoying thing about the "year X" discourse

when he wins a game, it's the reason why he should be considered for all these awards
when he loses, it's used as a crutch.

very dishonest

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
this is the most annoying thing about the "year X" discourse

when he wins a game, it's the reason why he should be considered for all these awards
when he loses, it's used as a crutch.

very dishonest

Disingenuous shyt is the foundation of LeGBT.

LexDiamonds

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Bron has a great game/moment: “Look at what he’s doing in his 20th season!”:gladbron:

Bron has a bad game/moment: “He’s in his 20th season, what do you expect??” :gucci:

Lebron is at a point in his career where "anything else is gravy". In comparison to anyone else whose made it to year 20 he's playing very well. Do you think Kobe and Wizards Jordan were getting criticized in their final years when they stunk? No, cause they were solidified. Same with Lebron. It's funny that you all try to grade him like he's in his prime.

Last edited:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
"Worst GM in the league".... 4 rings

If you're gonna go with the narrative that Bron is basically a GM this isn't the way you wanna make your argument

2 rings were with the Heat, before he entered his GM phase. You can thank Pat Riley for that. But even then Bron made sure to leave his mark before dipping, tweeting about how he loved Shabazz Napier’s game so the Heat drafted him, just in time for Bron to leave for Cleveland :mjlol:

Again, :mjlol::mjlol:

His Cavs ring was his finest Finals performance in my opinion, but after that finals he kept trying to ‘reload’ the team with old vets instead of trusting the Cavs to draft and develop young talent. Pushing for guys like Iman Shumpert, JR Smith, DWAYNE WADE :damn:the Tristan Thompson contract extension :snoop:

Lebron even tried to hold the Cavs hostage and make ‘em trade their picks to give him win-now players, they said no and he dipped. And now the Cavs have one of the best young cores in the league :yeshrug:

Now he’s on the Lakers and pullin out the same bag of tricks, they gave up the bag for Anthony Davis, they got the ring (so you can use that as a cop out to call it a success) but now he wonders out loud why they get shot out of the gym every night. Cause they got no shooters bro. And he wanted Russ?!?

Like I said, he’s a great player, best of his era and the GOAT in my opinion. But you can’t deny that he has more influence over how his team is built than any other player in the league, and his past is littered with dumb requests and decisions. You can separate him as a player and a GM.

LexDiamonds

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
2 rings were with the Heat, before he entered his GM phase. You can thank Pat Riley for that. But even then Bron made sure to leave his mark before dipping, tweeting about how he loved Shabazz Napier’s game so the Heat drafted him, just in time for Bron to leave for Cleveland :mjlol:

Again, :mjlol::mjlol:

His Cavs ring was his finest Finals performance in my opinion, but after that finals he kept trying to ‘reload’ the team with old vets instead of trusting the Cavs to draft and develop young talent. Pushing for guys like Iman Shumpert, JR Smith, DWAYNE WADE :damn:the Tristan Thompson contract extension :snoop:

Lebron even tried to hold the Cavs hostage and make ‘em trade their picks to give him win-now players, they said no and he dipped. And now the Cavs have one of the best young cores in the league :yeshrug:

Now he’s on the Lakers and pullin out the same bag of tricks, they gave up the bag for Anthony Davis, they got the ring (so you can use that as a cop out to call it a success) but now he wonders out loud why they get shot out of the gym every night. Cause they got no shooters bro. And he wanted Russ?!?

Like I said, he’s a great player, best of his era and the GOAT in my opinion. But you can’t deny that he has more influence over how his team is built than any other player in the league, and his past is littered with dumb requests and decisions. You can separate him as a player and a GM.
What did Pat Riley even do as GM during LeBron's tenure? Lebron/Wade/Bosh decided to take pay cuts to play together. Lebron recruited Mike Miller, and Ray Allen. Once Lebron checked out on the Heat organization what did Riley do? sign Josh McRoberts and washed Danny Granger.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
What did Pat Riley even do as GM during LeBron's tenure? Lebron/Wade/Bosh decided to take pay cuts to play together. Lebron recruited Mike Miller, and Ray Allen. Once Lebron checked out on the Heat organization what did Riley do? sign Josh McRoberts and washed Danny Granger.

The team was built around LeBron, Bosh and Wade. I meant that Pat Riley was a steadying force that wouldn’t let Bron coerce him into making trades to mortgage the future. Riley had a long track record of building successful teams, so Lebron trusted him and the guardrail was there.

Cleveland and LA have no such guardrails. The Heat was also Bron’s first realization that you can build a contending team through moves, as opposed to the draft. He’s tried to replicate that in Cleveland and LA and for the most part it hasn’t gone well. His talent helped him to win in spite of his poor GM’ing.

Like I keep saying, best player of his era, but his method of team building clearly isn’t conducive to consistent winning. Even the Cleveland team (post-Kyrie) that was consistently competing, it was common knowledge that Bron’s talent carried that entire team.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps

I mean..... Yeah nikka wtf you think? He's literally doing something NO ONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA HAS EVER DONE which is be amazing this far into his career.

Not Kareem, not Kobe, not Mike, not Vince, not Duncan, not ANYONE.

This is the benefit of playing with "house money". I don't get how some of y'all don't understand. LeBron was supposed to be "done" 3-4 years ago. This is literally the athletic definition of icing on the cake.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
This. Part of the reason why he wanted to go to a big market was to be able to attract old vets who would be willing to have a specific role for relatively cheap

Not just that, but that 2017 Cavs team was absolutely better than the 2016 version.. it's not even a question. they just so happened to run into the greatest NBA team ever assembled

2018 Cavs was the workings of Dan Gilbert. Either way you look at it, if he wanted PG for Kyrie.. or to keep Kyrie, the Cavs went with the infinitely worse option in trading him to Boston for IT and spare parts. That was not a LeBron James "GM" issue. That's a Dan Gilbert/Kolby Altman issue. It's already been talked about endlessly LeBron saying "Don't trade Kyrie, I can make it work" and they did it anyway