LeBron is officially cooked. Come pay your respects

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Dwight was an all star when he played with Kobe and matched the numbers he put up with him one more time in his career. :unimpressed:
Love was an all-star with Lebron and hasn't matched the numbers he put up with him in four seasons

DWIGHT WAS PHYSICALLY SHOT DUE TO A BAD BACK N WAS NEVER THE SAME.. HE HAD A CHANCE TO PLAY WITOUT KOBE AFTER KOBE TORE HIS ACHILLES AND WAS EVEN WORSE

AWFUL COMPARISON

IN WHAT WAY IS MELO MORE EFFICIENT THIS YEAR? HE SHOT 43% IN PORTLAND N SHOOTS 43% NOW… ONLY HIS 3P% N FT% WERE HIGHER IN PORTLAND LMAO

U JUST MAKIN SHIIT UP

WESTBROOK HAD SOME OF THE BEST AVERAGES OF HIS CAREER LAST YEAR AND EVEN LED THE LEAGUE IN APG… NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE SAME PLAYER N U LOOK FOOLISH CLAIMIN THAT JUST TO PROP UP LEBRON SMH
Every claim you make about Love in Cleveland could be made about Dwight in L.A. Dwight was more of a scapegoat than Love ever was

Melo with the Lakers - 58.5 TS%
Melo with the Blazers- 54.7 TS%

Westbrook was just as inefficient last season. The last two seasons he's averaged 50 TS%.. He averaged four more assists last season because he wasn't splitting playmaking duties with one of the best passers in the game. Lebron's assist numbers are down considerably too.

U WANA KNO WHAT HE REALLY FEELS?

VVVV
One post in seven years because I was mad at how Kobe great played. Should I post all the shyt you've said about Bron?

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Love was an all-star with Lebron and hasn't matched the numbers he put up with him in four seasons

Every claim you make about Love in Cleveland could be made about Dwight in L.A. Dwight was more of a scapegoat than Love ever was

Westbrook was just as inefficient last season. The last two seasons he's averaged 50 TS%.. He averaged four more assists last season because he wasn't splitting playmaking duties with one of the best passers in the game. Lebron's assist numbers are down considerably too.

One post in seven years because I was mad at how Kobe great played. Should I post all the shyt you've said about Bron?

Loves numbers fells off a damn cliff after he joined Bron :mjlol:

Love was the American Pau and their career trajectories were very similar when they teamed up with Kobe/Bron. One went on to become a LA Legend and HOF, the other got a Prozac prescription :mjlol:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
You initially got your feelings hurt cause I pointed out Kobe put up 17.6ppg on 35% when he was 37. That got you hot cause you don't want anyone talking bout your idol. I've criticized Lebron for seeking out the Westbrook trade when it initially went down because I can look at things objectively. Hell this is my first post in this thread:

"He's at the end that's why. Poor roster construction and he can't move defensively. He saves all his energy for scoring cause his stamina is shot now."

I bet you think Kobe never had a bad game. You're the same fakkit that's in every Lebron thread jerking off at his failures yet get mad like a bytch when Kobe's are mentioned. Kobe's game was TRASH his final few seasons. Deal with it. As bad as things are going for Lebron, he's no where near as washed as your idol was at the same age idiot.

Sheesh :picard:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

ANYONE WHO CLAIMS DWIGHT’S “FALLOFF” HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH KOBE SIMPLY DOESNT UNDERSTAND THE GAME OF BASKETBALL

U PLAYIN YASELF BIG TIME IN THIS THREAD HOMIE

NO ONE, NOT EVEN DWIGHT HIMSELF, HAS ATTRIBUTED HIS FALLOFF TO KOBE

LOVE, ON THE CONTRARY:

Kevin Love Reveals That He Had to Change Everything to Play With LeBron James

Cyber

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
He's having the best year 19 season which is commendable but I'm always going to care much more about how a player was at their peak or whatever trends they show throughout their career. This season isn't a good look because it's showing a trend that's been there even when he was at his peak. Padding his stats in garbage time (which has gotten noticeably worse after 2016) isn't fooling anyone that knows what they're watching (which is luckily for LeBron most people)

Point is, Lakers had one of the best supporting casts in the league during that era. You post that picture like that team had to go toe to toe against the KD Warriors.. Pau was one of the best second options in the league.

KD and Westbrook were absolutely not better.. Kobe was significantly better than KD and Pau was better than Westbrook, Westbrook was in his second year averaging 16 PPG. Kobe/Pau was also better than 36 year old Nash and Amare. The Jazz, Rockets, and Magic don't compare either. Kobe/Pau was a better duo than any team they faced during their two championship seasons besides the Celtics who were battling injuries.
They faced the big 3 Celtics which was really a big 4 with some top tier veteran backups/bruisers that's always a plus in a deep postseason run, the league at that time was very competitive and so many possible matchups were possible because of how competitive the league was. People fooled by the slow pace of that period (deflated numbers) and Kobe/LeBron/Dwight not having like 3-4 HOFers on their teams like some post decision teams have won titles with (yet the Spurs had 3 at or near primes and didn't really do shyt, Suns missed PS with like 4 HOFers and 2 in prime, etc. so maybe that's a terrible way to gauge quality of teams, it's always been about execution)

The KD Warriors were only spooky for one year and LeBron wasn't even the biggest victim of that (it was Kawhi and his Spurs) or even the weaker 2018 variant (it was Harden/CP3). League was not that great during that time and I felt that way even in real time, it's just gotten more obvious over time. They were a beatable team after 2017

Back to the supposedly "stacked" Lakers ("even for era" which was an even stronger era and deeper era to anyone that knows the history of the league so that's pointless) Those Lakers were pretty top heavy (and inconsistent) but also lacked depth, a guy that the mid 00s Cavs didn't need (that were unquestionably worse than the 09/10 Cavs) was getting more playing time for the 09/10 Lakers. Cavs were deep, a team doesn't still compete against PS teams fighting for seeding after locking the 1 seed (so no motivation to win) without LeBron/Shaq or sometimes Mo and another guy not playing in those games. Their record without him (like his statlines) are very deceptive. They didn't have a top tier #2 but there's obviously a lot more to a championship team than simply who the #2 is

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
You initially got your feelings hurt cause I pointed out Kobe put up 17.6ppg on 35% when he was 37. That got you hot cause you don't want anyone talking bout your idol. I've criticized Lebron for seeking out the Westbrook trade when it initially went down because I can look at things objectively. Hell this is my first post in this thread:

"He's at the end that's why. Poor roster construction and he can't move defensively. He saves all his energy for scoring cause his stamina is shot now."

I bet you think Kobe never had a bad game. You're the same fakkit that's in every Lebron thread jerking off at his failures yet get mad like a bytch when Kobe's are mentioned. Kobe's game was TRASH his final few seasons. Deal with it. As bad as things are going for Lebron, he's no where near as washed as your idol was at the same age idiot.

KOBE WAS A DIFFERENT PLAYER AFTER THE ACHILLES INJURY. WHATS UR POINT?

LEBRON IS PHYSICALLY STILL IN GREAT SHAPE AND ABLE TO PUT UP BIG STATS

THE DIFFERENCE IS NOW U GUYS CAN SEE THAT THE STATS ARE DUE TO STAT PADDING.. SOMETHING WEVE BEEN TELLING U WEIRDOS FOR DECADES.

BRON IS ABOUT HIS BRAND ABOVE ALL ELSE.. THERES NO AUTHENTICITY TO ANYTHING HE DOES. THATS WHY REAL ONES DONT FUX WIT HIM LIKE THAT.,

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I’ll tell you why

The numbers don’t tell the story. He’s not the tidal wave force he once was. He was such a dangerous passer during his day. He’s not impacting the game like that in that regard anymore. Jokic has sort of took that mantle.

The game last week against The Jazz was vintage Bron. His finger tips on everything

In my humble opinion his scoring nowadays doesn’t seem to have an impact on wins/losses like it once did. It’s damn near feeling like “lemme just get mine”

To be honest, his scoring is actually pretty good. Aside from the errant 3 pointer (which in this era, is par for the course with most players), Lebrons scoring has been efficient and thats with him still looking to pass to open teammates.

The problem is on average he's giving 5 outta 10 effort on defense per game. Many times it goes all the way down to 0 effort with him refusing to close out on open shooters and not rotating over on backdoor cuts because he's avoiding drawing fouls. And he's absolutely FOOD in guarding transition offenses. Willie Green said as much on Sunday that the game plan was to constantly push the rock cuz the lakers have no chance in hell at slowing down younger, speedier teams.

The Lakers planned on being a grind it out team and were hoping to rely on the AD mismatches, Bron finding open shooters, and Westbrook spark playmaking (:mjlol:) but what makes it such a abject failure is how bad they are all 3 mechanisms of this team construct. They put far too much stock in AD, Westbrook, the shooting ability of Bazemore, Melo, Malik Monk (who has played solid), THT, etc... and didnt value the youth that Trezz, Kuz, Caruso and KCP gave them. And that falls on Bron because he can be inflexible in playing with guys who arent knockdown shooters.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
The line has BEEN crossed guys like @Joe Sixpack @LexDiamonds @murksiderock @Remote @Shadow King have been poking fun at Kobe’s death and fans grieving about it since the beginning. It was just me and few others calling them out. A lot LWO went above and beyond to accommodate them nikkas to keep the peace and there’s a good number of cool Bron fans but a handful of these LeGBT brehs were never gonna be cool.

mocking the fact kobe fans grieve his death

Too much of a p*ssy to dap up the post calling kobe a rapist, so you dap up the post cosigning the post calling Kobe a rapist :mjlol:

@LexDiamonds claiming Kobe praise is "overboard" since his death as if nobody ever praised him beforehand and @madness dapped it

@LexDiamonds claiming that Kobe is only being compared to MJ cuz Kobe died, as if nobody said Kobe was their MJ when he was alive

Two days after Kobe died @murksiderock was typing anti-Kobe essays and @Remote was antagonizing nikkas "Would you like a hug?"

Let's admit the cold hard truth about kobe - media ruined Kobe's legit top 3-4 status

a lot of this shyt is hard to search cuz LeGBT are passive aggressive just like their idol, they mostly sneak dap all the over the top slanderous shyt instead of saying it themselves :hhh:

So which is it, did I poke fun at Kobe's death or not? All you nikkas who dapped that posts take the L. These are the posts he's talking about:

People have to learn to be okay with other people having different opinions. On this website, any objective poster will tell you the trend has been that if you favor LeBron (and to a lesser extent, Mike) over Kobe, you aren't thinking for yourself and you're anti-Kobe, which in most conversations I've had in real life, the guys who thought other guys were greater than Kobe, weren't anti-Kobe. This is and has always and will remain a very pro-Kobe board, more than any one single athlete in any sport we talk about on here...

There's nothing wrong with that in and of itself, the issues mostly have arisen when people have said they think some other guys are greater than Kobe, and you get net-stoned to death with alot of tough talk....about fukking sports debates that people have always had and will continue to have...a LOT of you brothers on here are very weird, and I'm saying that in the most respectful way I can say it...

When the dust settles, people will go on having debates about where Kobe lands, as well they should. These knee-jerk reactions that guys are swearing off comparing him to other GOATs ever again won't hold up in the long run, and they shouldn't. There's nothing wrong with sports debate, we debate everything as a society, it's just compartmentalizing when guys are crossing the line. It isn't slander or crossing the line to say you think another legit GOAT was/is better than Bean, no more than the other way around---->cats not comparing and saying somebody like Speedy Claxton better than Kobe...

In the interim, we're gonna see a bit of inflation the same way we saw when Big and Pac died, even though while they were alive, it was debatable that guys from Rakim to Nas to Cube to KRS were greater all-time. Those two died and suddenly they became "greatest ever" overnight. So we'll see some inflation for Kobe's standing probably for at least the next half-decade, if not longer. People who won't automatically catapult him to Top 2 status just because he passed, doesn't make them anti-Kobe...

For the record, he deserves all the adulation he's getting for the man he was. And it's long been established he's a GOAT, no matter where you have him, the consensus is he isnt lower than 10. He was a brilliant player, a role model off the floor, and I'm gonna miss him. I've long told the story on here how I became a basketball fan, 5th grade in South Central, ripping a Kobe poster out of an SI mag in '99. Alot of my adolescence was played to Kobe, and i grew up bicoastal, from California to Virginia...

We all have different recollections depending on our age and what influenced us at the time. Kobe definitely was not this media target outside of maybe the immediate 2 years following Colorado. Prior to that, he was the golden boy, and once he put his head down and affirmed his greatness in the post-Shaq years, by the time he won those last two titles, he had earned his way back into the good Grace's of the public. The media questioned his leadership, and it was widely reported that as a player he wasn't well liked, but he was far from vilified or hated. We don't have to make up stories, people always loved Kobe, and the segment of the public who didn't, had dwindled to almost nothing by the time he retired. He became less surely and more open with his thoughts and personality and it relaxed people, not to mention, there isn't but so much you can do to deny a guy with his on-court resume...

His passing doesn't change how I view him as a player, because his career is done and can't be changed. I already knew he was widely loved and respected. I felt some hurt for his passing, took my day or so to really comprehend it and what he meant to me growing up. None of us will ever get over his sudden passing, but as life goes on, you have to be okay with it from the sense that we all have an expiration date and it WILL be sudden for a good number of us. He did everything he was called to do here, and if there was more for him to do, The Creator would still have him here...

I'd say virtually all of us have lost someone we knew in our personal life. It's never easy 48 hours later, like today is. You never fully get over the suddenness of it. But it is life and life goes on, the same way it did when Mike died, when MLK died, when Malcolm died, and a whole host of other prominent people and those we've lost in our personal lives. My favorite cousin, was like a sister to me, died on December 5, 2005, and is interred at Hollywood Forever, and every time I'm in LA, I go see her and have a word with her:

BROWN v. LAC-USC MEDICAL | B204206 | 20081231043 | Leagle.com

My family sued USC behind her death, and personally, this is the toughest personal loss I've ever encountered. 14 years later, I don't get over that I lost her so soon, and I still "talk" to her a few times a year. You never forget her, but it becomes easier with time as you realize that day comes for us all, and no one is ever taken "before their time". There's a plan, a start date, and an expiration date, on everyone's life...

We'll one day again be okay comparing Kobe to other All-Timers, and most people will be okay wherever someone else places him, whether its 1 or 10. And it's okay to understand people we loved most weren't perfect, had flaws, etc. That doesn't prohibit us from appreciating their character...

I'll always love Kobe, and I'll always enjoy a healthy debate about his game and his career to other great players. I probably won't comment any further on his death, because there isnt a reason to, and will remember him by the legacy he left on the court and off. Big loss for us all as fans but an even bigger loss for the people who actually knew and loved him, respect that our loss will never be as great as theirs. He's got three daughters that now have to navigate life without him and a sister, a wife who is suddenly husband-less. I prefer to keep the context that the tinge of hurt I feel from losing him isnt comparable to what his family and closest friends feel. Take your moment to grieve, we'll always certainly appreciate him on here, even to a fault sometimes, and keep it moving...

Nothing left to add. RIP to Kobe and I'll always love and cherish the influence he had on me as a kid, to start following basketball and the whole nine. RIP...

These are anti-Kobe essays?

Got damn you are one soft grown man...

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
He's having the best year 19 season which is commendable but I'm always going to care much more about how a player was at their peak or whatever trends they show throughout their career. This season isn't a good look because it's showing a trend that's been there even when he was at his peak. Padding his stats in garbage time (which has gotten noticeably worse after 2016) isn't fooling anyone that knows what they're watching (which is luckily for LeBron most people)

They faced the big 3 Celtics which was really a big 4 with some top tier veteran backups/bruisers that's always a plus in a deep postseason run, the league at that time was very competitive and so many possible matchups were possible because of how competitive the league was. People fooled by the slow pace of that period (deflated numbers) and Kobe/LeBron/Dwight not having like 3-4 HOFers on their teams like some post decision teams have won titles with (yet the Spurs had 3 at or near primes and didn't really do shyt, Suns missed PS with like 4 HOFers and 2 in prime, etc. so maybe that's a terrible way to gauge quality of teams, it's always been about execution)

The KD Warriors were only spooky for one year and LeBron wasn't even the biggest victim of that (it was Kawhi and his Spurs) or even the weaker 2018 variant (it was Harden/CP3). League was not that great during that time and I felt that way even in real time, it's just gotten more obvious over time. They were a beatable team after 2017

Back to the supposedly "stacked" Lakers ("even for era" which was an even stronger era and deeper era to anyone that knows the history of the league so that's pointless) Those Lakers were pretty top heavy (and inconsistent) but also lacked depth, a guy that the mid 00s Cavs didn't need (that were unquestionably worse than the 09/10 Cavs) was getting more playing time for the 09/10 Lakers. Cavs were deep, a team doesn't still compete against PS teams fighting for seeding after locking the 1 seed (so no motivation to win) without LeBron/Shaq or sometimes Mo and another guy not playing in those games. Their record without him (like his statlines) are very deceptive. They didn't have a top tier #2 but there's obviously a lot more to a championship team than simply who the #2 is
The league was more balanced then, that's fair. The Lakers still had a talent advantage over most teams of that era. They were top heavy but plenty of championship teams are.. The top six players on both the 2009 and 2010 Lakers were better than any other team's top six besides the Celtics. The Spurs were compromised during both seasons the Lakers won chips (Manu missed the 2009 playoffs and Parker missed half of the 2010 season prompting a berth at the 7th seed), Garnett missed the 2009 playoffs, the Suns traded Marion for one season of a washed Shaq and Nash was exiting his prime. There weren't any juggernauts in that era. Any claim about the Lakers supporting cast not being up to par is a complete mischaracterization of the facts. You can't even compare them to the Cavs.. the Cavs might have had a deeper rotation but their second best player would have been the third or fourth best player on most contending squads. In the playoffs, two or three high level players is more conducive to success than an 8-10 man rotation of solid role players.

Those Spurs would have suffered the same fate as the 2017 Cavs. The Warriors were playing uncharacteristically poor in that game after a long layoff and were dealing with their own injury issues (Iggy left the game a few minutes in). Nevertheless, they were mounting a comeback before Kawhi's injury. The Spurs might have won that game but they didn't have the juice to win more than two games in that series. The 2018 Rockets are one of the best teams to never win a championship.. Drop them in any era and they are contending for a championship. Even so, they were only competitive with the Warriors because of Iggy missing half the series. Kerr said it himself, the Warriors win that series in 5 if Iggy is healthy.

Loves numbers fells off a damn cliff after he joined Bron :mjlol:

Love was the American Pau and their career trajectories were very similar when they teamed up with Kobe/Bron. One went on to become a LA Legend and HOF, the other got a Prozac prescription :mjlol:
:lolbron:
Love was the third option playing with Bron, though. He put up numbers that were customary for a third option. He was 29 his first season without Bron and put up worse numbers. He's had four seasons since playing with Bron that were all worse than his time playing with Bron.

He became a champion in Cleveland, Dwight didn't become a champion until he teamed with Bron Bron :yeshrug:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

How is he padding stats/creating these #'s in garage time when the narrative used against him is that he's done/out of gas by the 4th quarter from carrying the load as a main option at 37/38? Which isnt that much off base, cats think dude should be playing like he's 23 though.

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jalen had a great point. Yes LeBron is playing awesome for season 19. But it's still season 19. He isn't the complete package on both offense and defense. Neither is it fair to expect him to be.
If this was prime LeBron the Lakers would be at least .500 and above.
The Lakers issue is that AD is too injury prone. For whatever reason he gets some of the most random injuries.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

tumblr_p2tjk6qAtH1s3uawvo1_400.gifv