Lead up anticipation for the new THPS games every Fall appreciation thread (2000's Edition)

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I was in HS (2000-2004), I remember looking forward to the new school year because every Fall, usually October, a new Tony Hawk Pro Skater game would come out :bryan:

I remember saving up my money from washing dishes and having my pops drive me to Best Buy to cop THPS 1 and Red & Meth's Blackout :ahh:

Used to love reading copies of GamePro and Game Informer from the periodicals section of the library to find out all of the new gameplay mechanics to fuel the fire leading up to the releases. I remember seeing the online option for THPS3 where you could skate with other people in the same park:whoo::damn:

They got insanely watered down after 4 and the first THUG but these games were a common thread for some of my favorite gaming memories with my friends growing up :salute::mjcry:

THPS 2 is without a doubt my most favorite (based on the levels)

Best game soundtracks of that era, maybe ever :ehh:

What was your favorite entry in the Tony Hawk games??

Special shout out to Dave Mirra's Freestyle BMX series (RIP :to:)

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
4 was my fav. I think the addition of reverts to keep combos going after a vert move was huge. Opened so many options for combos.

They did that in 3, but I played 4 more. Alcatraz the goat level to me

• Dap
Reactions: Jx2

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
4 was my fav. I think the addition of reverts to keep combos going after a vert move was huge. Opened so many options for combos.

They did that in 3, but I played 4 more. Alcatraz the goat level to me
Alcatraz was a dense level. Lots of different terrain which made it perfect for massive combos.

Think my favorite level of all time is Venice. Used to go crazy in that level listening to this non stop

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alcatraz was a dense level. Lots of different terrain which made it perfect for massive combos.

Think my favorite level of all time is Venice. Used to go crazy in that level listening to this non stop

classic song, shyt put me on all sorts of rawkus records cuts back in the day

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
i fukked with them all. i copped proving grounds a couple weeks ago. :mjcry: been 10 years since we got a true one.

• Dap
Reactions: Jx2

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Such a great series early on.
:banderas:
shyt fell off after THPS3.

I used to play as the breh Kareem.
I think people consider 3 to be the high water mark, but I loved 4 too. And THUG had enough going on to get my $$$ but it wasn't seeing 2 or 3