"Lawless" - Official Thread

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
"Alright then."

I thought it was pretty fukking great. There with issues with the pacing that made it difficult to tell when scenes were happening in relation to the previous scene, but other than that, I loved it.

Guy Pearce. Holy shyt. Supporting actor Oscar caliber role....just KILLED it. His one-on-one beatdown of Shia was :merchant: It made Bane/Bats look like a pillow fight.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
So this isn't a tv show featuring Lucy lawless naked? 1 star neg rep

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
Not enough Oldman. I get a kick out of when he plays a cool gangster and felt he was underutilized here. Kinda like Cuba Gooding Jr in American Gangster. The film should've played up Jack's idolization of him more.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how does this compare to recent westerns like 310 to yuma and assassination of jesse james?

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
they under utilized my man gary oldman tho. He was barely in it

but guy about to have a nikka waking up screamin for the next 3 summers. My nikka had the swag of a child murderer and he looked disgustingly crazy.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Was gonna skip this, looked like a more violent, less picturesque, and epic, 'Legends of the Fall', without the classic soundtrack, but maybe I will end up seeing it, Ebert didn't like it, and he is particularly generous these days, in my opinion.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so guy pearce is handin out azz whoopins in this flick? :youngsabo:

how was the gawd tom hardys performance

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
so guy pearce is handin out azz whoopins in this flick? :youngsabo:

how was the gawd tom hardys performance

hardy was one of the biggest goons in the movie, but he wasnt that animated so it mighta slipped under. Dude barely said shyt and had the emotionless :birdman: face the entire movie.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Movie shoulda been about Hardy vs. Guy. If that was the center it woulda been a classic. And the poster above mine really summed up one of the reasons that I can't recommend it as a must see. Near the end, it just fell apart. Just not believable. Characters just lost their intelligence. Shai really messed up this film. Kinda reminded me how I felt about Angelina Jolie in Changeling. Nice all around performance but her acting messed up the film. Same here with Shai. Strictly from a gangsta, action perspective I was satisfied. But the story just fel apart at the end.

Daps
Reppin
Movie shoulda been about Hardy vs. Guy. If that was the center it woulda been a classic. And the poster above mine really summed up one of the reasons that I can't recommend it as a must see. Near the end, it just fell apart. Just not believable. Characters just lost their intelligence. Shai really messed up this film. Kinda reminded me how I felt about Angelina Jolie in Changeling. Nice all around performance but her acting messed up the film. Same here with Shai. Strictly from a gangsta, action perspective I was satisfied. But the story just fel apart at the end.

this.

saw this movie last night, and it seemed like they were going for a stand off between hardy and peace, but the movie turned out more about shea ladouche :why:

the movie was good, not great or classic by any standards, and definitely does not hold up tp 310 to Yuma (which IMO is a classic), but was enjoyable nontheless.

I thought Hardy's character was supposed to be this crazy psycho gangster but towards the end he ended up being nothing, just a wanna be tough guy.