Lavar Tried To Son The GOAT, But The Ball In MJ's Court Now: Charlotte Hornets 2020-21 Season Thread

Whats The Outlook Of The 2020-21 Season Looking Like??

• Top 5 Lottery Pick Again

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Young & Showing Promise

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Middle Of The Pack

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Overachieving, Playoff Bound

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
What you think about the division though?

Cuz I can actually see great things with the combination of this team gelling and playing better + the fact that the SouthEast aint really that skrong or got like any MONSTER teams.

I feel like for the first time in years they have a legit chance as winning the division

Thoughts

Probably can't beat out Orlando just because that core has been together and playoff bound for several years now. And Miami will be better in all likelihood...

NBA is essentially division-less anyway, I measure success by where you finish in the conference seeding...

This is the first big step forward the Hornets have taken in a long time and even if we miss the playoffs, we'll be a fringe team. Next year we see the next big evolution into a lock playoff team and two years from now, assuming Melo develops as expected and they continue to put the necessary pieces with him, Hornets could be a real player...

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Probably can't beat out Orlando just because that core has been together and playoff bound for several years now. And Miami will be better in all likelihood...

NBA is essentially division-less anyway, I measure success by where you finish in the conference seeding...

This is the first big step forward the Hornets have taken in a long time and even if we miss the playoffs, we'll be a fringe team. Next year we see the next big evolution into a lock playoff team and two years from now, assuming Melo develops as expected and they continue to put the necessary pieces with him, Hornets could be a real player...

We ain't winning the division man :mjlol:

Is Orlando really good though?:usure::ld:

Or do yall really feel they that significantly better?:patrice:

I can see maybe Miami making a run but seriously? Why not yall?:obama:

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State

I don't think Orlando is significantly better, but they're coming off of a playoff appearance and despite Fultz's injury, they have most of that core roster intact. Their frontline is clearly much better than ours, even when Zeller comes back

Atlanta, although we have a better record than them right now and up 2-0 in the series lead, it's early and I expect them to iron out whatever issues they got going on, IMO

Miami is Miami
Washington is the worst team in the league :yeshrug:

We're fighting for third in the Southeast

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I don't think Orlando is significantly better, but they're coming off of a playoff appearance and despite Fultz's injury, they have most of that core roster intact. Their frontline is clearly much better than ours, even when Zeller comes back

Atlanta, although we have a better record than them right now and up 2-0 in the series lead, it's early and I expect them to iron out whatever issues they got going on, IMO

Miami is Miami

our trajectory rests on a Mitch trade so its really just whatever :russ: at least hayward is hooping

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Miami is Miami

I feel you, I still thank you shooting yourself a little short, but I respect your assessment. I think yall could get that second place. I just dont trust Orlando for some reason. I do feel that Miami is Miami and believe they will either be 1st place or 4th. Wash definitely is washed and I just dont know about ATL

our trajectory rests on a Mitch trade so its really just whatever :russ: at least hayward is hooping

Just curious Cuz, what legit trades would you like to see or think could put yall over the edge?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I feel you, I still thank you shooting yourself a little short, but I respect your assessment. I think yall could get that second place. I just dont trust Orlando for some reason. I do feel that Miami is Miami and believe they will either be 1st place or 4th. Wash definitely is washed and I just dont know about ATL

Just curious Cuz, what legit trades would you like to see or think could put yall over the edge?
we don't even need something crazy. i'll take noel, giles, bagley, bamba, etc

any big over 6'9 that belongs in this era of hoops fixes all of our biggest issues. people forget that cody and biz ain't even true centers - all of our bigs are out of position. a real center inside would push PJ back into his comfort zone, clear space for Miles, allow us to play real help defense again, etc

the center doesn't even need to be good. just need a serviceable 20 minutes a night at the most

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC

Orlando doesn’t have a serviceable pg anymore unless they trade for someone. I think we finish above them but it’ll be close :mjgrin: