Laurence Fishburne to voice the Autobiography of Malcolm X

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Laurence Fishburne Performs THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MALCOLM X For Audible
Feb. 28, 2020

Audible Inc., the world's largest producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, today announced that Emmy and Tony award-winning actor Laurence J. Fishburne III (black-ish, The Matrix) will perform The Autobiography of Malcolm X, marking the first time ever that this momentous work will be available in unabridged audio since its original publication in 1965. Fishburne's Audible-exclusive performance of The Autobiography of Malcolm X is now available for preorder and will be released on May 19th, 2020 - what would have been Malcolm X's 95th birthday.

"It's a great honor to have the opportunity to tell Malcolm X's story," said Laurence J. Fishburne III. "This is a man who lived multiple lifetimes in the span of 40 years. An inspiration, The Autobiography of Malcolm X remains a definitive statement within an ever-evolving civil rights and human rights movement. It was a huge responsibility to take on this project and I feel privileged to take Audible listeners on this profound journey."

"For the first time in history, listeners will be able to hear Malcolm X's powerful story, one that has inspired generations of people, performed by the legendary Laurence Fishburne," said Rachel Ghiazza, SVP Content Acquisition and Development, Audible. "Audible is proud to be a home to this extraordinary narrative - one of the most important nonfiction works of the 20th century - and to continue to amplify voices that need to be heard."

In the searing pages of this classic autobiography, originally published in 1965, Malcolm X, the Muslim leader, firebrand, and Black empowerment activist, tells the extraordinary story of his life and the growth of the Human Rights movement. His fascinating perspective on the lies and limitations of the American Dream, and the inherent racism in a society that denies its nonwhite citizens the opportunity to dream, gives extraordinary insight into the most urgent issues of our own time. The Autobiography of Malcolm X stands as the definitive statement on a man whose life's work was never completed but whose message is timeless.

====================================================

*The passage in green is duck. The late Earl Hyman , actor who played Dr. Huxtable's father, recorded a rare unabridged version that is 17 hours long.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Should be good, but honestly a story this epic should be told by James Earl Jones.
This is interesting. He would be good if they were doing a version where he narrated parts of the story and another actor voiced Malcolm's words. The version they released in the 90s did this kind of setup.
And as great as Jones is, the man they used then makes James Earl Jones sound like Mushmouth from Fat Albert.

iu

ROSCOE LEE BROWNE

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I honestly think its time we start re-evaluating the autobiography, especially now that we know we have a government agent like Alex Haley writing it and that it was adjusted to push integrationism by publishers.

Suspicions

All Star
Daps
I honestly think its time we start re-evaluating the autobiography, especially now that we know we have a government agent like Alex Haley writing it and that it was adjusted to push integrationism by publishers.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt malcom, towards the end of his life become cool with people who wanted integration like MLK?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
You've written this before. The problem with your take on this is that Malcolm X was one of the most famous people in the country during that period, and as such he was covered and interviewed by the press extensively. The autobiography couldn't have promoted him saying anything that he wasn't recorded on mic or camera saying to an audience or a journalist.
The letter he wrote from Mecca was REAL, and when reporters tried to run with his words, he CLARIFIED his views on camera.

Here is his press conference from May 1964 after returning from his Haaj.

I think you're confusing the way reporters and historians have written about post Mecca Malcolm with what is actually written in the Auto Bio. The Autobiography chapters dealing post NOI Malcolm are CONSISTENT with his letters, print interviews,speeches, and interviews (all of which are public record now)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt malcom, towards the end of his life become cool with people who wanted integration like MLK?
The book says thats, but thats questionable.

His last speeches though, he still seemed yo be on the same track with regard to the us and blacks removing ourselves from being around whites.

He still advocates against integrationism, and the idea of forcing brotherhood with those who do not want it.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You've written this before. The problem with your take on this is that Malcolm X was one of the most famous people in the country during that period, and as such he was covered and interviewed by the press extensively. The autobiography couldn't have promoted him saying anything that he wasn't recorded on mic or camera saying to an audience or a journalist.
The letter he wrote from Mecca was REAL, and when reporters tried to run with his words, he CLARIFIED his views on camera.

Here is his press conference from May 1964 after returning from his Haaj.

I think you're confusing the way reporters and historians have written about post Mecca Malcolm with what is actually written in the Auto Bio. The Autobiography chapters dealing post NOI Malcolm are CONSISTENT with his letters, print interviews,speeches, and interviews (all of which are public record now)

Its hard for me to trustbto work of haley, knowing he was deliberately working against malcolms interest, especially when he removed 3 chapters from the book

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Its hard for me to trustbto work of haley, knowing he was deliberately working against malcolms interest, especially when he removed 3 chapters from the book

Members here have discussed the missing chapters from Haley's book , the problems with Marable's book, and other issues at length in Malcolm threads on TLR.

Luckily a great deal of Malcolm's views are on the public record, so we can form our opinions based on his actual words.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Members here have discussed the missing chapters from Haley's book , the problems with Marable's book, and other issues at length in Malcolm threads on TLR.

Luckily a great deal of Malcolm's views are on the public record, so we can form our opinions based on his actual words.
I dont go on tlr ror actual discussion or HL. Can you give me a quick run through of views

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.