late pass but...Will Smith was HORRIBLE in 'Ali'

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
i agree breh....any movie that stars will smith (with the exception of Pursuit of Happyness), he is playing himself. when he steps outside of that, his performance is usually :snoop:

♤♡♢♧
Daps
Reppin
the real hiphop.
When I first saw it 10 years ago I thought the same... thought he was pretty horrible and felt they gave him the Oscars nomination based on the importance of the character he played rather than his actual performance. But saw the flick again like a year ago and felt by then that he did a decent/good job, nothing spectacular like Jamie Foxx in "Ray" but still much better that how I felt the first time.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
It was a pedestrian and mediocre performance, in a role that should have been an easy slam dunk for him. An oscar was practically served on a silver platter with that movie. Compare his performance to Denzel in Malcom X, Foxx in Ray, sheeeit even that brotha that played biggie smalls in notorious.

I love will as a person...but outside of meathead sci fi flicks, my man is a below average actor. Ali has no replay value.

Last edited:

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
funny yall say this. if you study Ali interviews he was a happy-go-lucky guy. Will portrayal of him imo wasnt an accurate one

Daps
funny yall say this. if you study Ali interviews he was a happy-go-lucky guy. Will portrayal of him imo wasnt an accurate one
Will tried to hard to imitate that winding tone in Ali's voice, it made him seem uncomfortable and awkward.

But if you see a real Ali interview it's far from that.

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Will tried to hard to imitate that winding tone in Ali's voice, it made him seem uncomfortable and awkward.

But if you see a real Ali interview it's far from that.

indeed....like No Bammer weed said though Will stuff been lackluster. he is suppose to be shooting a movie that suppose to be similar to mr. and mrs. smith.