Late Pass: Being Mary Jane

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
Let me preface by saying I love Scandal but the excitement for me has worn off because the novelty of effin a president is gone... So I am off it

I just binge watched season 2 of Being Mary Jane on Netflix... I cried, got mad at Mary Jane and cheered for her...
I love the way the characters personalities are written even though the scenarios and scripts are not my favorite....

How come no one put me on? Why is this show on BET? Who watches that station? What shows are sandwiched around it? Is the show supported? How can we go about supporting more black writers and scripted TV producers and shows? So many questions... Anyone with answers?

And by the way, I love David's body... I just wish he was more chocolatey

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I love Salim and Mara Akil. I've met Mara in person she's so lovely. They have the show on BET because BET lets them show case more being that it's on cable (and they inked a generous deal with them after the Game moved over to BET when it was cancelled from CW). It made history for viewership. As well, it's premiering again on October 20. :lawd:

Colicat

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
I love Salim and Mara Akil. I've met Mara in person she's so lovely. They have the show on BET because BET lets them show case more being that it's on cable (and they inked a generous deal with them after the Game moved over to BET when it was cancelled from CW). It made history for viewership. As well, it's premiering again on October 20. :lawd:

Hmm for some reason Lisa on the show strikes me as Mara... I could be completely off but that's the vibe I am get when I look at Mara's work....

Again I could be way off base... I have never met the lady... But I will look out for the premiere.... Even though I don't watch BET

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Hmm for some reason Lisa on the show strikes me as Mara... I could be completely off but that's the vibe I am get when I look at Mara's work....

Again I could be way off base... I have never met the lady... But I will look out for the premiere.... Even though I don't watch BET
Mara says the post its and the unlucky in love behaviors of Mary Jane is her.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I love the show, but sometimes I hate Mary Jane. She can be a megabytch. Seeing her navigate through life is great though.

Colicat

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
I love the show, but sometimes I hate Mary Jane. She can be a megabytch. Seeing her navigate through life is great though.

This... She is relentless with the low blows in arguments... Especially with people she claims she loves... I can only imagine how someone like that treats an enemy :smh:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

I think that's what's so realistic, she's so unlikable. She's that person that pretends she's friends with you, all the while holding in all this resentment she plans to use later against you when she feels like you have a one up on her.

Colicat

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
:mjcry:... Just watched Wednesday's episode....

a college friend I haven't heard from in years sent me a "how are you text" yesterday :upsetfavre:.... She said that she wanted to check in with everyone because of the show....

I was thinking she was crazy for getting so emotional... It's fictional... I told her I haven't seen the episode so don't ruin it....

I just watched it and was:to: the whole way through...

#T3 #tellthetruth

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
I refused to let the tears drop but it was hard. One of those that gets you in your throat :mjcry:

Yo did you see how the 50 year old disrespected her :krs:

MJ is so dysfunctional it's painful to watch

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Is anyone watching this season, if so I will stick this. I was late because I don't watch BET I catch it on Netflix and for this season by other means :mjgrin:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Hello brehettes :shaq: I love this show so much, I started a thread on it in the film room.

I didn't know a new season of Being Mary Jane started. :ohhh:

Past seasons are on Netflix. Netflix is shady as fukk though. You have to search for it.

Even though I have watched previous episodes it never shows up on my "do you want to watch again" history.

It shows up way at the bottom. :beli: