Ladies of the Coli - Please can you help us with this music video.

Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
Just need feedback -
Split by music / video / concept. Good and bad pre it being launched to the market.
Ultimately to work out whether its strong enough.

Will be reporting directly back to the artist.

If you are bored and want to really help, have a look at the rest of the channel - there are some vids that are potentially more accessible.
Thank you, I truly appreciate.

no.

girls just wanna have funds
Daps
Reppin
BRASIL
Music - Good. It's catchy, I like it.

Video - Corny. Maybe work on the dance moves some more? When dude was spinning her around I was actually worried she might fall, it looked hella wobbly

I like it when the dudes in suits dance! It looks very neat. They're better dancing than just circling her and walking.

Last edited:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The song is great.

The vid looks cheap, but it was slightly entertaining.

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They have no chemistry together.

Song has potential to be catchty but the video wasn't entertaining IMO.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Video - don't cut off the top of her head in medium shots, it makes it looks amateurish
Get rid of the Aluminum foil winder. Just go to lowes or home depot and get some random pipes and metal pieces and make one.
Work on your lighting, you can get rid of the shadows in the background.
Edit out some of the awkward moments between the talent.
The video seems slightly out of focus as well

Creative video and song though.

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
Watching the video I was thinking how tiny she looks (the guys are so much taller than her) and the fact that it looks like it was shot in a gym (I think it's because of the curtain, maybe cut it so it's not as obvious?)

Overall catchy song, the video is trying to tell a story but I am not sure what it is

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I like the song and the general idea for the treatment I think, it just needs to be cleaned up. You should look into costume and party stores I'm sure they have jumbo winders or sissors you can cut to look like a winder.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
The choreography was great but there's waaaaay too much relying on tripod, I'm assuming it's because you're shooting with a DSLR and concerned with the shake that would be introduced with handheld shots, which is totally understandable. As another person mentioned, the framing of some shots was bad because the talent is out of frame.

Most of the issues I see with the video are on the technical side, lighting, color, framing and focus. The Blacks should be Black, there's way too much red tint.

The song is catchy and entertaining and I would have loved to help shoot this.

Spike Tarantino

Esposa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Filfee Nasteh Duddy Souf
Video - don't cut off the top of her head in medium shots, it makes it looks amateurish
Get rid of the Aluminum foil winder. Just go to lowes or home depot and get some random pipes and metal pieces and make one.
Work on your lighting, you can get rid of the shadows in the background.
Edit out some of the awkward moments between the talent.
The video seems slightly out of focus as well

Creative video and song though.
Pretty much this. The yellow lighting was not as complimentary as a natural/white light would have been.

She looked so cute in her bowler hat and tie! You could re-use that look and the guys and shoot something with the dancers in a park to give it a more fresh and vibrant look.

I wouldn't go with this video, you can pull off something better with @Canadadry's tips and natural lighting.

HTH