Ladies, how old were u when u finally come into your own

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
As in developed your own unique style?

Like how you carry yourself, your personality, and the types of people you like to surround yourself around.

Also as far as fashion wise, whether hairstyle(s) that fits your personality perfectly , the way you dress, your fashion sense and how to properly dress your body.

For me, i didn't really come into my own until this year brehettes :pachaha:

It took me a minute but im here now :whew: (im 26)

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
Always been individualistic and 'weird' and like doing shyt that people thought was eh at first then they started copying it/using it later. I've always loved beauty, hair, fashion/aesthetics. That also came from learning the meanings of colors/what they represent and also psychological benefits of certain things. I know how to play it up like a switch that I can turn on/off. I wasn't comfortable with my body during like puberty to 15. I would wear a lot of hoodies and baggy fitting type of clothes because I felt too developed.

As far really just owning my look: I'd say like 22/23.

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
I've had the same personality since a kid...it's matured but I literally was never follow the crowd type.

Every school year I would start off with a group of girls and I was always the outlast so I've always been a loner type. And family has always been my real friends.

Style came at 19/20 when I started working retail. I started getting to know fabrics and I'll be trying on clothes instead of working lol

I just came into what I want career wise. I was just doing it for "money" (still is) but so far I enjoy it. But still intend to move on to better pasture or the very least keep my "career" I could careless about and do my own thing as well.

Nowadays besides old friends I surround myself around people who genuinely want better. Not just finances but overall health and prosperity. Like they are really trying to be better mentally, physically, and emotionally.

I've just about cut off most people including family who I found to be an hindurance in my development.

I'm petite. I LOVE being tiny. I use to hate it but I've come to love it so much. I'll be getting a personal trainer to help me tone and stay fit but I usually like to wear tight fitting dresses that makes me look more adult and feminine.

I LOVE my hair wild (it's natural) but shrink life and summers ruin my moods as far my hair go lol my go to style is simply an Afro. I get braids every now and then but even then I miss the hell out of my natural.

I think I've summed it up lol

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
I've had the same personality since a kid...it's matured but I literally was never follow the crowd type.

Every school year I would start off with a group of girls and I was always the outlast so I've always been a loner type. And family has always been my real friends.

Style came at 19/20 when I started working retail. I started getting to know fabrics and I'll be trying on clothes instead of working lol

I just came into what I want career wise. I was just doing it for "money" (still is) but so far I enjoy it. But still intend to move on to better pasture or the very least keep my "career" I could careless about and do my own thing as well.

Nowadays besides old friends I surround myself around people who genuinely want better. Not just finances but overall health and prosperity. Like they are really trying to be better mentally, physically, and emotionally.

I've just about cut off most people including family who I found to be an hindurance in my development.

I'm petite. I LOVE being tiny. I use to hate it but I've come to love it so much. I'll be getting a personal trainer to help me tone and stay fit but I usually like to wear tight fitting dresses that makes me look more adult and feminine.

I LOVE my hair wild (it's natural) but shrink life and summers ruin my moods as far my hair go lol my go to style is simply an Afro. I get braids every now and then but even then I miss the hell out of my natural.

I think I've summed it up lol
The bolded basically sum up me.

I still have childhood friends that havent changed alot of their ways. Im finding myself outgrowing people everyday. It is all so new me.

I guess thats what happens when real life happens.

My style literally went from fat chick clothes from Walmart to showing too much skin wannabe sexy bbw, to now a well adjusted unique, somewhat afro centric look :ehh:

I also got big on skin care after weight loss.

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
The bolded basically sum up me.

I still have childhood friends that havent changed alot of their ways. Im finding myself outgrowing people everyday. It is all so new me.

I guess thats what happens when real life happens.

My style literally went from fat chick clothes from Walmart to showing too much skin wannabe sexy bbw, to now a well adjusted unique, somewhat afro centric look :ehh:

I also got big on skin care after weight loss.
It's liberating when you feel like you've come in to yourself...

But what's really great is that you never really stop growing.

You'll be ok Marti, trust.

And I wish you well mama.

Chaos

Rookie
Daps
I’ll say this year for personality.

I had a hard time accepting myself in my late teens because I went through abuse. However, I’m fully satisfied with myself. I started journey of self love at 21 and it was worth it. Been single and independent and learning about myself. It is rewarding. I know myself very well. I took the time and patience.

I know I am not in love with fashion. I tried to be dressed all time. Naw not for me. I like to look good sometimes with the extra glow but I prefer to be comfortable. Appearance was never important to me and I always wondered did it make me less feminine lol
I just don’t care, I rather look presentable, sometimes glow up.
Character has always been more important to me and I’m good at reading others.
I learned to love me right by being alone for a very long time. My body may not be the beauty standard but I work
with it. Working out, has helped me gain more confidence with my body image. Although, I never had a low self image because I did not pay attention to how others felt about my body.

I realized I am simple woman. Most people (especially women)I’ve met don’t understand and they try to change
Or challenge me.

I don’t need anything extra except your time and attention. I cut many negative people off, being around positive people that are trying to grow matters a lot to me.

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
I think being the middle child, I've just kinda always done my own thing; this has been exacerbated as I've gotten older. Most people annoyed me when I was young and they still do so now; I try not to be an a$$hole about it, but I'm definitely the kind of person that prefers chilling in the cut with a few friends as opposed to a large group.

I had the same insecurities as any teenaged girl, but by the time I hit college and right afterwards (21/22), I knew what I wanted to do and who I was as a person. My personality hasn't changed; I'm still a sarcastic beast. I've always been a decisive person, even as a kid; once I've made a decision, I stick to it. Loving myself has never been a problem though, because my parents instilled black pride in the home and tried hard not to let outside influences sway our perception of ourselves.

Fashion-wise, I've been dressing like a librarian since high school; 'librarian chic' is still my aesthetic LOL
I've never had an issue with finding a style that fits me; I like what I like and I'm lucky in that I can wear almost anything.

I'm knocking on the door of 40; as I get older, it becomes easier to separate the wheat from the chaff and discard the things that don't net a positive in my life.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Always been individualistic and 'weird' and like doing shyt that people thought was eh at first then they started copying it/using it later. I've always loved beauty, hair, fashion/aesthetics. That also came from learning the meanings of colors/what they represent and also psychological benefits of certain things. I know how to play it up like a switch that I can turn on/off. I wasn't comfortable with my body during like puberty to 15. I would wear a lot of hoodies and baggy fitting type of clothes because I felt too developed.

As far really just owning my look: I'd say like 22/23.
:mjpls: