Ladies help!!!

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
Find a mix (no more than 2 or 3 essential oils MAX) and use 2 drops and whip with a hand mixer

tumblr_m59p2x1sg21r7ig5uo2_1280.jpg

You can also add almond, coconut, vit e oil to loosen the texture of shea butter but not too much because it will be greasy.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
I would warm the shea butter just a little. Not to the point where it is liquid like, but to where it is somewhat soft and a tad bit mushy. Then get two oils that work best for you. I love Jamaican black castor oil, Vitamin E oil, Olive oil, and Coconut oil. Add a teaspoon of those two oils and blend on the lowest mix. Putting it on the highest mix will make it too soft. You want it to be a bit more mushy after blending. Then after that I put it in the fridge for 30 minutes to get harder but not too hard.
For me whipping the shea butter makes it more easy to apply and use. It also allows the oils to blend properly.

Mr Coli

Pro
Daps
why can't i use more than three oils, and is there a youtube vid i can watch (i'm a visual learner)

agnosticlady

Daps
When you use multiple oils it kind of defeats your main purpose. Everything get's diluted in the mix. Let's say I want to make some fruit juice. I would say just pick three fruits that do what you want it to do to your body. You want a cleanse so you pick green apples, green grapes, and Kiwi. Does three products will have a bigger effect because they are stronger in doses. Now when you have 10 different fruits you can't really get what you want done because everything is diluting everything out.

As for visuals here are two good videos. Notice how in the beginning the shea butter was hard and not easy to apply.

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
You can mix it in small batches if you want to try different essential oil blends. Like I use a citronella/lemon shea butter to ward off mosquitoes or jasmine/rose absolute butter when I want a floral scent.

If you're going to use some on your face after shaving you could do tea tree/rose hip seed/vitamin e. But remember that essential oils are really strong and a drop or 2 usually does the job.

Mr Coli

Pro
Daps
aight thanks yall I think I got it. Last question I wanna get some witch hazel what form is the best to buy it as, a oil, toner etc?

agnosticlady

Daps
Depends....are you using it after a face wash regime? If yes then get the toner. If you are using it for your hair then get the oil...