Ladies have you ever made bad financial decisions in an relationship?

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Ladies any of you co signed a loan for him,buy unnecessary stuff with his money etc only for the relationship to fail and your left with a hefty ass financial burden :russ:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
God no. I've given (BOYFRIENDS) money back when I was young and dumb but never put my credit/anything major on the line like that, nor would I.

Shyt I learned the hard way about taking on financial responsibilities for someone else from family :mjcry:

Love doesn't pay bills.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
God no. I've given (BOYFRIENDS) money back when I was young and dumb but never put my credit/anything major on the line like that, nor would I.

Shyt I learned the hard way about taking on financial responsibilities for someone else from family :mjcry:

Love doesn't pay bills.
Thought no romance before finance :troll: it amazes me when couples say they love each other but when it comes to money signing each other's names or co signing they are quick to back down :russ:

Daps
I never cosigned for anything

I did loan money that I never got back. I won't make that mistake again

I also remember putting my ex on my cell plan and he was talking to other bytches the whole time

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
Out of spite/revenge, I bought an expensive car after wrecking his brand new car on purpose (it was fully insured but who wants a wrecked car even after it has been repaired?). We separated for 2 weeks after I bought my car - it was a massive hit to his ego; I found this out through our mutual friends. My mom was very worried and called my eldest brother to talk to me about my decision to purchase my car and my ability to afford it - I could afford it but didn't need a car note that big ($442) . My brother reviewed the bill of sale and told me what items to have removed (Ex - I had accepted an insurance that would pay for the car in the event of my death) and as a result my car note was $103.00/month lighter [I FREAKIN' LOVE MY BIG BRO :wub:] We took a ride in my new whip and I explained to him why I did what I did and he simply said, "You are the one who has to pay for this car, not him. Your pockets, Babygirl." I understood (logically) my brother very, very well but I was operating from my emotions which were satisfied many times over when I got the reaction(s) I wanted from my ex. Ha! :yes: Anyway, he asked me to come back home and I did but my heart was no longer his and I no longer respected him so off I went again. He would come and ask me back but I could tell he still held a grudge against me so we never lived together again but still saw each other occasionally.
I don't regret what I did and if I had to do it all over again, I would.

MsReal

All Star
Daps
Nah

:snoop:

I'm a simp, but financially very clued up. I've lost out on loaning money out, but nothing I couldn't afford

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Out of spite/revenge, I bought an expensive car after wrecking his brand new car on purpose (it was fully insured but who wants a wrecked car even after it has been repaired?). We separated for 2 weeks after I bought my car - it was a massive hit to his ego; I found this out through our mutual friends. My mom was very worried and called my eldest brother to talk to me about my decision to purchase my car and my ability to afford it - I could afford it but didn't need a car note that big ($442) . My brother reviewed the bill of sale and told me what items to have removed (Ex - I had accepted an insurance that would pay for the car in the event of my death) and as a result my car note was $103.00/month lighter [I FREAKIN' LOVE MY BIG BRO :wub:] We took a ride in my new whip and I explained to him why I did what I did and he simply said, "You are the one who has to pay for this car, not him. Your pockets, Babygirl." I understood (logically) my brother very, very well but I was operating from my emotions which were satisfied many times over when I got the reaction(s) I wanted from my ex. Ha! :yes: Anyway, he asked me to come back home and I did but my heart was no longer his and I no longer respected him so off I went again. He would come and ask me back but I could tell he still held a grudge against me so we never lived together again but still saw each other occasionally.
I don't regret what I did and if I had to do it all over again, I would.[/QUOTE. :leon: why would you buy an expensive car tho?Your big.bro bailed your ass out big time :russ: you must really wanted to stick it to your ex lol

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII

LOL, I was trying to save you from reading a wall of text but this is what happened:

My ex is one of those guys who was extremely generous but his generosity came with strings attached. IMHO, there is no place for that type of mentality in the confines of a relationship (s/n - he had asked me to marry him too) so while I adored him and all that he did for me it was a turn off. If I give/do something for someone it is from my heart AND they never hear about it from me or elsewhere. Ever.
So, we were broken up and I didn't have a car b/c I was driving one of his when we were together. Anyway, I landed this new job and it was far (30-35 minutes commute) and now I needed a car for sure. My mail was still going to his place and he saw the welcome letter. He called me up and told me that he was going to come pick me up that weekend and we could go look at cars! He put down a hefty down-payment, the car was in my name, and the monthly payments were @$300. I love the car and I'm good to go b/c now I have a badass whip to get me safely and reliably to and from work. I was floating my ass on cloud 99!

HERE IS WHERE THE PROBLEMS ENTER:

I did not go back to him!!! When he saw that I wasn't coming back, he had the car stolen from me (I reported it) and he hid it in one of his friends garage (I didn't know what he did with my car at the time though!). He took the car but through the grace of God I did not skip a beat and never missed a day of work and was on time every single day <----- This was supposed to be his ace in the hole to get me to come back at his mercy. So, when he couldn't get to me that way he just called me up and invited me over and told me to come back home. However, he straight up told me that I was never getting my car back though. This is where my mind went rogue. So, I went back and drove his brand new car - the one that I wrecked on purpose. After that, I got several grand from him and went and bought my baby. HE.WAS.TIGHT, lol! He wouldn't even look at or talk about my new car for almost two weeks, LMAO. He finally told me it was a beautiful bad ride. But the message from me to him was that - I could show you better than I could tell you. I can and will do just as good or better than what you can provide. Stop with the controlling reindeer games man.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
:mjlol: no

If I get something for a guy I'm dating, it's cash only. and I've never been in a "one sided" relationship where I'm the only one giving, so I usually got things from him and he got things from me. So it's not really a loss when we broke up.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
:mjlol: no

If I get something for a guy I'm dating, it's cash only. and I've never been in a "one sided" relationship where I'm the only one giving, so I usually got things from him and he got things from me. So it's not really a loss when we broke up.
That's how it should be 50-50,lol relationships becoming the new business deals

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
Yep.

No loans or anything like that but too much money spent that I had no business spending the way I did. Thankfully I'm rebuilding. He's busy using somebody else now.