Ladies, did/do you feel like you need a style change?

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
I've been comparing myself to other women around my age(28), and it seems they're all about this
150a6309c38fd8402f269e230ec4e8cf--curvy-fashion-fashion-fashion.jpg

b01aba6f52dd1ab880745512c4835304--denim-shirt-outfits-fitted-denim-shirt.jpg

And then there's me

3mabl1-l-610x610-jacket-india+westbrooks-polo-neon-hoodie-grey+hoodie-shoes-sweater-tracksuit-trainers-clothes-grey+tracksuit-yellow-ralph+lauren-gray-neon+green-polo+ralph+lauren-swag+girl-sweatsu.jpg

I always get mistaken for much younger than I am, because I'm a T shirt/Jeans/Sneakers type of chick. Like all year round. The only time I really dress up if when I'm going on a date/going out. And summer. Summer is the only time you'll find me consistently in a dress and sandals. All my friends are in the group chat talking about some cute heels they saw, and I'm over here looking at Air Max's.

I keep my hair laid tho. And keep a nice bag on me. But I think I'm ready to start dressing like a grownup. But where do I start?:mjcry:

Fun Sized Psycho

Floating on tooth shaped clouds
Supporter
Daps
I've been comparing myself to other women around my age(28), and it seems they're all about this

And then there's me

3mabl1-l-610x610-jacket-india+westbrooks-polo-neon-hoodie-grey+hoodie-shoes-sweater-tracksuit-trainers-clothes-grey+tracksuit-yellow-ralph+lauren-gray-neon+green-polo+ralph+lauren-swag+girl-sweatsu.jpg

I always get mistaken for much younger than I am, because I'm a T shirt/Jeans/Sneakers type of chick. Like all year round. The only time I really dress up if when I'm going on a date/going out. And summer. Summer is the only time you'll find me consistently in a dress and sandals. All my friends are in the group chat talking about some cute heels they saw, and I'm over here looking at Air Max's.

I keep my hair laid tho. And keep a nice bag on me. But I think I'm ready to start dressing like a grownup. But where do I start?:mjcry:

omg, this is like me. When I'm off, I'm either wearing jeans and a top, or (in the summer) a maxi dress. And people always think I'm a teenager. I'm in my early 30s.
At one point in time, I did wear dresses and shyt when I walked out, but now, I feel like I'd be dressing up for nothing. Looking all fancy & ish going to walmart.
The only time I wore heels this year was when I went to a funeral. I don't even think I've worn any of my wedges this summer.

I do like those 2 dressy outfits you posted tho.

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
omg, this is like me. When I'm off, I'm either wearing jeans and a top, or (in the summer) a maxi dress. And people always think I'm a teenager. I'm in my early 30s.
At one point in time, I did wear dresses and shyt when I walked out, but now, I feel like I'd be dressing up for nothing. Looking all fancy & ish going to walmart.
The only time I wore heels this year was when I went to a funeral. I don't even think I've worn any of my wedges this summer.

I do like those 2 dressy outfits you posted tho.
I like these outfits too, just don't know if I can pull them off.

I only wear heels to take pictures in. Then I take them off and out flats on. On one hand I am a college student, so no need for me to be dressed up for class. And my job is laid back, so we can wear jeans there. But I keep my sneakers under my desk:mjlol:

I do want to dress up more though. At least get get out of sneakers more often. I do wear knee high flat boots for the fall,,but that's about it.

Raava

Staff member
Daps

b01aba6f52dd1ab880745512c4835304--denim-shirt-outfits-fitted-denim-shirt.jpg

She is 40.

I dress for occasion and how I feel. The first to look like work to me r a business casual type look. I mix things up always have I've never been all sneakers or always heels, always jeans or Tshirt etc... I always have all types of stuff in my closet. Right now I'm trying to minimize more than anything.

As long as I'm classy with it I don't care. I have been seeing moms dress like the last pic since I was a kid. They were fly I didn't think they were too old. I think it's about balance. Last Sunday I went to a brunch I had on this short romper lower cut at the top. To tone it down I wore a kimono thing with it and flats sandals verse heels.

*Angel*

Frozen Flames Goddess
Daps
Reppin
Goddess power
My style is casual. Sometimes I'll add trendy pieces, like jeans with distressed slits down one leg matched w/ a casual tee and flip flops, but I don't really care to be fashionable, just comfortable.

:-)

All Star
Supporter
Daps
My style is similar to yours -- comfortable clothes and sneakers. I'm not dressing up unless I have somewhere to go. Other than that I can't wear heels while shopping lol

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
Add theses essential pieces to your wardrobe :
-Slip dress
-Wrap dress
-Maxi dress
-Pencil skirt
-Mini skirt
-Blouse
-Backless top
-Cami
-Blazer (tapered at the waist)
-Cardigan, cardigan w/matching cami
-Jumpsuit (short/long)
-Slacks
-Dark denim jeans
-White linen pants
-Leggings (leather embroidered)
-Dress shorts
-Stiletto sandals
-Pumps
-Slingbacks
-Thigh hi boots
-Obi belt
-Chain belt
-Clutch
-Bucket style bag
-Scarf
-Cuff bracelet
-Chain (that lays between your breasts)
-Choker
-Hoops
-Studs

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
Oh, almost forgot to mention undergarments; they are more important than the outfit -

-Thongs (pantylines kill a great outfit)
-Tshirt bra
-Strapless & Backless bra
-Pasties
-Fishnets

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
Add theses essential pieces to your wardrobe :
-Slip dress
-Wrap dress
-Maxi dress
-Pencil skirt
-Mini skirt
-Blouse
-Backless top
-Cami
-Blazer (tapered at the waist)
-Cardigan, cardigan w/matching cami
-Jumpsuit (short/long)
-Slacks
-Dark denim jeans
-White linen pants
-Leggings (leather embroidered)
-Dress shorts
-Stiletto sandals
-Pumps
-Slingbacks
-Thigh hi boots
-Obi belt
-Chain belt
-Clutch
-Bucket style bag
-Scarf
-Cuff bracelet
-Chain (that lays between your breasts)
-Choker
-Hoops
-Studs
So basically I need to shop for a full wardrobe, because I only have like 5 things on this list:mjcry:

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
I honestly feel like I need to switch my style completely. According to my mom the way I dress, if you stick a bookbag on me I look like a kid. :mjgrin::mjcry: