Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess (PC, Xbox Series X|S, PS5) (July 19, 2024)

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Stop it, slime.
The fact that you can PLAY a game, in full on the service and then still OWN IT for a dedicated discount If you decide you've finished it and would want to own it, makes this particularly argument seem deliberately contrarian for folk that don't like Xbox, Stan Sony, or do both at the same time and feel one of the prerequisites to be part of the club is to hate gamepass.
While I could never argue the metrics behind Gamepass not being the best for certain game developers who wouldn't see sales from people playing/beating/deleting certain games they tried out rather than take the plunge on a sale, this whole, and quite frankly WEIRD notion behind people bringing down Gamepass because you can't own/play the games forever is just.....assanine.
It's asinine to you, not to me. Coming from someone who still has a VCR and DVD player connected, I'll never hide my disdain for MS and GP due to the threat they represent to traditional gaming. I want them to fail for that reason. It might be irrational, but I don't care. I've seen the impact on physical media, preservation and ownership that Netflix has had, and I don't want that replicated here. The entire model undermines the core concept of game ownership. It's antithetical to what I want out of this hobby.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I'd rather pay a little to actually own something rather than rent it
Taken out of context, this could apply to everyone
See, in reality new games drop every week. So this notion that you're paying a little when in fact you're talking about paying full price. And this is one game. When does it become too expensive and illogical to stay with your model? Do you still buy blue ray or nah?
and lose access if my subscription lapses or the network goes down. Say no to renting disguised as ownership. Say no to Game Pass.
Say no to Netflix, I'm paying $20 for Beverly Hills cop Axel F :banderas:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
It's asinine to you, not to me. Coming from someone who still has a VCR and DVD player connected, I'll never hide my disdain for MS and GP due to the threat they represent to traditional gaming. I want them to fail for that reason. It might be irrational, but I don't care. I've seen the impact on physical media, preservation and ownership that Netflix has had, and I don't want that replicated here. The entire model undermines the core concept of game ownership. It's antithetical to what I want out of this hobby.​

I feel you (pause) on this, because I still cop all the media I want to hold and OWN outright, physical to this day. Just copped Unicorn Overlord for the low, Alan Wake 2 Physical around Christmas, and Bombrush Cyberfunk the moment it goes to disc. Everything else you said, I get you on that too and I won't argue the semantics towards who's right/wrong on that either.
I'm always in the mix arguing with cum coloured cacs on Social media about Preservation/emulation and game ownership since I too, ain't down with the "long term lease" shyt studios like Ubisoft and and Activision wanna force down the throats of the gaming community, telling us we need to "Get used to the idea" of not owning 70 dollar games that need microtransactions to function, either.​

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

I feel you (pause) on this, because I still cop all the media I want to hold and OWN outright, physical to this day. Just copped Unicorn Overlord for the low, Alan Wake 2 Physical around Christmas, and Bombrush Cyberfunk the moment it goes to disc. Everything else you said, I get you on that too and I won't argue the semantics towards who's right/wrong on that either.
I'm always in the mix arguing with cum coloured cacs on Social media about Preservation/emulation and game ownership since I too, ain't down with the "long term lease" shyt studios like Ubisoft and and Activision wanna force down the throats of the gaming community, telling us we need to "Get used to the idea" of not owning 70 dollar games that need microtransactions to function, either.​
I hear all that but I have a question for you. Could you name 5 games you can't access anymore? Whatever device you're using to play these games will breakdown. I would love to have everything I used to play with but it would take up too much space and I don't have time to do that and move forward with life making new experiences.

There's just too much to try to remain stuck in the past like that. Do you play with Retro console the most or are you using current gen consoles? Do you have a family? Do you workout? Do you manage your finances, portfolios, just overall planning for the future.

The real one, not the one where all media goes down when we hit singularity and the only way to game is to have a CRT that is solar powered :blessed:

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Just finished the demo

I really fukk with it. It's a really unique idea of old school Japan fighting demons type era but it's an actiony Pikmin type game. It also has heavy PS2 and PSvita vibes in a good way.

Don't know if I'm coppin day one but I'm definitely coppin.

Hopefully Capcom makes more of these experimental games in the future.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished the demo

I really fukk with it. It's a really unique idea of old school Japan fighting demons type era but it's an actiony Pikmin type game. It also has heavy PS2 and PSvita vibes in a good way.

Don't know if I'm coppin day one but I'm definitely coppin.

Hopefully Capcom makes more of these experimental games in the future.

If you have XSX, it's day one GamePass