Kubo and the two strings [Same studio that did Coraline]

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
Yo why didn't anyone put me on this. I randomly came across this movie and didn't realize it had Matthew McConaughey, Ralph Fiennes, George Takei, Rooney Mara, Charlize Theron in it

May have to work in a matinee tomorrow :popcorn:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I didn't like Coraline, and I've seen commercials for this movie for 2 months now, and I have no interest.
If some of you do see it though , let me know your opinion on it.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
just got back from this, it was ok. was definitely expecting more after the double toasted review and chris stuckman review. idk if it's because it is animated or what but the movie just didn't blow me away. it was worth seeing but the dialogue was kind of forced and the main villain was weak as fukk. a nice message is in there though and pretty good visuals. and it's really grating to have a movie about japanese people and then 99 percent of the voicework is done by white people. i mean come on. that really took me out of the movie bc i could hear that these were not actual people of asian descent talking.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
just got back from this, it was ok. was definitely expecting more after the double toasted review and chris stuckman review. idk if it's because it is animated or what but the movie just didn't blow me away. it was worth seeing but the dialogue was kind of forced and the main villain was weak as fukk. a nice message is in there though and pretty good visuals. and it's really grating to have a movie about japanese people and then 99 percent of the voicework is done by white people. i mean come on. that really took me out of the movie bc i could hear that these were not actual people of asian descent talking.

movie overall was really dope but the white voices coming out of obviously asian looking characters kinda threw me off
mcconaughey was great as the beetle though