krs-one return of the boom bap is one best albums of all time

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Boom Bap was dope but when The source was still credible they gave the 5 mics to Edutainment and for good reason. Edutainment was straight perfection and KRS never could really do it like that again. Boom Bap was dope tho.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
why do i not remember Edutainment getting 5 mics? find me the original review. i have never, ever heard of this and i used to study the 5 mic club.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
why do i not remember Edutainment getting 5 mics? find me the original review. i have never, ever heard of this and i used to study the 5 mic club.

It was in the original. back in 1997 the source used to do back order issues. at teh time there was only 8 original 5 mic awards. I had ordered a bunch of them.....the 1990 issue with Cube on the cover. Thats the one that had Cubes first and KRS's Edutainment. and the 1990 Issue with Eazy on the cover pointing a gun at the camera. Thats the one that had the original Brand Nubians 5 mic rating. I even ordered the March 1996 issue where Tupac first went in talking about he slept with Faith. i couldnt tell remember which one but it was in the original mix....

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
It was in the original. back in 1997 the source used to do back order issues. at teh time there was only 8 original 5 mic awards. I had ordered a bunch of them.....the 1990 issue with Cube on the cover. Thats the one that had Cubes first and KRS's Edutainment. and the 1990 Issue with Eazy on the cover pointing a gun at the camera. Thats the one that had the original Brand Nubians 5 mic rating. I even ordered the March 1996 issue where Tupac first went in talking about he slept with Faith. i couldnt tell remember which one but it was in the original mix....

I started buying the source in 1991 with the year end issue. I swear I never recalled Edutainment being mentioned with the 5 mic albums. You're saying you've seen the original review?

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I started buying the source in 1991 with the year end issue. I swear I never recalled Edutainment being mentioned with the 5 mic albums. You're saying you've seen the original review?

Yeah....They even did a recap of the only 8 albums that had gotten 5 mics in the 1997 issue (or was it 1998) when LL was holding the 5 mics in his had. It was there 100th issue i beleive and they had the 1st Source page in it....In that issue they did a recap of all the 5 mic albums and edutainment was one of them. off the head.....Tribes 1st 2, Cubes 1st album, Edutainment, De la Soul id dead, Brand Nubians first, Nas 1st and Biggies 2nd. I didnt know about De La's 2nd album getting 5 till i seen that issue with Ll on the cover. The issue with LL speaks on all the original 5 mics before they redid them over.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
I must have blocked it out. I used to pride myself on being aware of all 5 mic albums up to Illmatic which was the first one I'd read in real time.

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
Outta Here
Black Cop
Uh Oh
P is Still Free
Higher Level

Dope album. Check out his self titled album if you haven't already. One of my personal favorites. Sick sick sick album. A must have in the collection for any rap fan.