Kno of Cunninlynguists make albums free.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd give him money for it. DJ Kno is a nice guy. I remember I used to talk to him on the old HipHopinfinity.com message boards back in the day. That was a long time ago. That was like 1999-2003.

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:

Love their music. Death is Silent is arguably the most played album of the last couple of years for me. But I'll still download for free.

:pacspit:

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
why's he puttin the albums up for free though? these dudes are struggling enough as is. one group i'd definitely show support for.

Darth

sith swag.
Daps
score for anyone not up on their sh!t.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
why's he puttin the albums up for free though? these dudes are struggling enough as is. one group i'd definitely show support for.

He went on a semi-rant on twitter about how tech ppl are becoming the new leeches of music. Started when it came out how rich the ppl that started Spotify are. They get rich, while the artists see pennies. He tweeted:

Kno: After watching this interview with the smug fukks that run Spotify I'm leaning towards pulling all of our music from their service.

Kno: I hate the idea of our fans are getting hosed, thinking they are "supporting us" while helping make these douchenozzles billionaires.

Kno: The main issue is -- all of the complaints fans & artists had about record label thieves now apply to tech companies, but few realize it.

Kno: I'd rather give all digital copies away free forever then make some hack rich off our fan's weed money under the guise of "artist support".

Kno: Matter of fact, everything free -- name your price until further notice. CunninLynguists -- fukk getting paid .0005 cents per stream.

Kno: I used to lightly co-sign Spotify, but realistically they are just Megaupload pimping the fan-artist relationship under a legitimacy cloak.

Kno: We only sell our music to fund making more music, but watching tech people get rich off our fan's weed money just irks the shyt out of me.

Kno: Might adopt the "all digitals free, direct signed physical sales by donation" model in the future. Too many sharks out here.

Kno: For the fans -- how long have I been telling ya'll to download our shyt for free? Probably every show since 2006, and I mean it. <--- I can confirm that...did it at both shows I went to

Kno: Wanna know why CL has lasted 12 years? Deacon & I have never ONCE fought over money. Why? We don't give a shyt. Good music = priority #1.

I've been fukking with CL forever, and have purchased ALL their shyt, some twice. They have, and will always have my support, but when he does shyt like this, it makes me appreciate him (them) that much more. One of the realest dudes out there.

And yeah, if you haven't checked for them yet, you lost. He (Kno) is one of the best producers you've probably never checked for. A Piece of Strange is a masterpiece, and their discography is as strong as anyone's in rap.

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So it sounds like spotify is terrible, glad I never paid them, I wonder which out of all the digital services is best for artists.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
these dudes just cant seem to catch a break though. i remember how mad i got when they said they werent seeing a dime off a piece of strange. what makes it worse is natti can't get into canada so i can't even support them at a show unless i hop the border to go see em in minnesota or some shyt.