Knives Out Thread (Wake Up Dead Man: Knives Out 3 coming in 2025)

hazardous

All Star
Daps
I want to like this but I'm just not feeling it. Daniel Craig needs a little more intensity/gravitas in this role.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Have a free screening for this next Wed

:mjpls: @TheGodling @MartyMcFly
So you missed it as usual I guess... :skip:

I saw it tonight, it's probably Rian Johnson's best film but that's not saying much since he's only produced mediocrity at best before (yes, including overrated-ass piss-poor Looper). I still liked this enough though.

The story itself is a good whodunnit with an interesting first act twist which creates a unique approach to the genre. Unfortunately Rian Johnson's biggest weakness comes poking through again and that's the fact none of his characters feel genuine one bit. Even in a movie like this where one character pretty much literally says it looks like a 'Clue Board', he pretty much destroys his own Clue world with Clue characters by trying to inject some real-world social commentary into the film. So you have a bunch of exaggerated trope characters played by actors of whom several are completely miscast (I mean seriously, Daniel Craig with a southern accent and Toni Collette as a ditzy social media influencer?) who at the same time have arguments about alt-right internet trolls, lazy millenial liberals and ICE immigration camps. It's a misguided mismatch of world-building and it's only because the core mystery is handled well enough that the movie keeps standing as you definitely feel like you are offered enough clues to try and figure it out, but will still be guessing the fine points into its third act.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I missed it. Seeing either sunday or most likely Wed

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Just came back from watching it. Regardless of at what level you’ll end up being entertained at, it’s worth seeing nonetheless.

Supposedly some of the Early Access showings got free posters? We didn’t, so when the director’s intro came on before the movie taking about winning some prize for a sticker being behind yours, most of the crowd was like :what:“What Posters?!?”

A young millennial couple brought their baby along. Like, infant status. In a car seat. Baby was awake at one point but he/she wasn’t too loud and distracting, the parents alternated when it came to taking them somewhere and rocking them back to sleep.

I thought it was funny
watching Chris Evans at different parts of the film being in Cap mode one minute, only to later be on his fake Mysterio shyt :lolbron:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Really enjoyed this. It was engaging, intriguing, and charming. We laughed a lot, and I honestly did not see the twist coming. Very clever the way they played it by
showing how the victim died early on. I thought that might ruin the suspense, but it only made the twist that much more surprising and fun.
I saw Chris Evans on Broadways playing an a$$hole, and he plays the same kind of a$$hole here. I like that he can play both a hero and an a$$hole. I really enjoyed Daniel Craig's character the most.

All in all this was a great time and I'd highly recommend.

9 out of 10.

So you have a bunch of exaggerated trope characters played by actors of whom several are completely miscast (I mean seriously, Daniel Craig with a southern accent and Toni Collette as a ditzy social media influencer?) who at the same time have arguments about alt-right internet trolls, lazy millenial liberals and ICE immigration camps. It's a misguided mismatch of world-building and it's only because the core mystery is handled well enough that the movie keeps standing as you definitely feel like you are offered enough clues to try and figure it out, but will still be guessing the fine points into its third act.

See, I disagree, I thought everyone was cast perfectly. They're actors and are putting on a new character and I totally bought each one. I also think the arguments about immigration and alt-right trolls was stuff that's really going on in families right now. People are having these conversations and arguments, which only heighten tensions between family members who already don't get along.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
enjoyed it, especially as a guy who likes mystery movies/shows/games :ehh: maybe the last jedi shoulda been a murder mystery:lolbron:

overall kinda reminded me a mix of ready or not and a simple favor mixed in with clue...with a dash of Psych

good mystery overall, and how it came together,

:russ: Daniel Craig's southern drawl...that scene when's fukking singing

:scusthov: @ martha's puking whenever she lies

:mjlol: You/Hugh word play...reminds me of Arrested Development for some reason

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Is it more like Clue, or Murder on the Orient Express? I love whodunits tho