Knives Out Thread (Wake Up Dead Man: Knives Out 3 coming in 2025)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's not just the media that overhypes, people on this very board are guilty of that as well. :francis:
Done with that too. Cats feel how they feel:manny: I know who’s tastes line up with mine and who’s doesn’t. Is what it is at that point.

I know we’ve all been in situations where we either agree with the crowd or disagree. But that should never affect how we feel about a song album or movie. If 10 people think something is very dope and you’re the 11th who says “nah that ain’t it” that’s dope. You disagree with them. I don’t think that means they overhyped it. Just means you don’t fukk with it. The majority liking loving disliking or hating something doesn't mean any of us will feel the same way. It’s one reason I told you a minute ago I’m always going to see what I want to see regardless of how anyone feels about it.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Done with that too. Cats feel how they feel:manny: I know who’s tastes line up with mine and who’s doesn’t. Is what it is at that point.

I know we’ve all been in situations where we either agree with the crowd or disagree. But that should never affect how we feel about a song album or movie. If 10 people think something is very dope and you’re the 11th who says “nah that ain’t it” that’s dope. You disagree with them. I don’t think that means they overhyped it. Just means you don’t fukk with it. The majority liking loving disliking or hating something doesn't mean any of us will feel the same way. It’s one reason I told you a minute ago I’m always going to see what I want to see regardless of how anyone feels about it.
Well bruh....We all have been duped in one way or another so I think it's ok to admit that some shyt gets overrated and it's ok to call that out whether one agrees you should or not. You can't decide someone's opinion just like that can't decide yours.

But if you have never ever went into something just because it was getting extra praise, and was like wtf was that?? then you might be the only one bruh.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well bruh....We all have been duped in one way or another so I think it's ok to admit that some shyt gets overrated and it's ok to call that out whether one agrees you should or not. You can't decide someone's opinion just like that can't decide yours.

But if you have never ever went into something just because it was getting extra praise, and was like wtf was that?? then you might be the only one bruh.
Yeah but that excitement came from me. Not a friend or family member. Just my own belief in the director or writer. Interstellar is something I was excited for. Nolan doing a movie about space? Yeah sign me up for that shyt. Then I saw it and wasn’t feeling it. Didn’t matter what abt outside source told me or how they felt; I set my own expectations based on how I felt about the mans previous work. Dark knight rises withstanding.

The idea of overrated to me anyway just puts too much onus on everyone else and their opinions and not our own. I say fukk that.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yeah but that excitement came from me. Not a friend or family member. Just my own belief in the director or writer. Interstellar is something I was excited for. Nolan doing a movie about space? Yeah sign me up for that shyt. Then I saw it and wasn’t feeling it. Didn’t matter what abt outside source told me or how they felt; I set my own expectations based on how I felt about the mans previous work. Dark knight rises withstanding.

The idea of overrated to me anyway just puts too much onus on everyone else and their opinions and not our own. I say fukk that.
But you can't really call a movie overrated when you were all gung ho for it in the first place. Those are films that leave you dissapointed more than anything. So that interstellar example is kind of hear nor there.

Usually movies get tagged overrated that have been out for a minute or at least long enough to get enough opinions on it. Knives Out been out since November so there's been several months of reviews and discussion. If you go into it because you heard great things and the movie falls flat for you then one might tend to call it overrated. Kind of a normal reaction.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But you can't really call a movie overrated when you were all gung ho for it in the first place. Those are films that leave you dissapointed more than anything. So that interstellar example is kind of hear nor there.

Usually movies get tagged overrated that have been out for a minute or at least long enough to get enough opinions on it. Knives Out been out since November so there's been several months of reviews and discussion. If you go into it because you heard great things and the movie falls flat for you then one might tend to call it overrated. Kind of a normal reaction.
Right. But that’s just my way of thinking. Because I’m not seeing something or not seeing it based on what anyone says or doesn’t say. And that might be silly or shortsighted but that’s my mindset. So it’s a natural reaction of course but it’s just something I want to do less and less of.

If a friend asks me if they should see something or not I think about their tastes first. If I know it’s not for them I let them know lol. And the inverse is true. If I know it’ll work for one of them even if I didn’t like it I tell them that and say go see that shyt you’ll have fun. That just feels like it puts the nuance back in film discussion and film recommendation that the internet age is getting rid of

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Right. But that’s just my way of thinking. Because I’m not seeing something or not seeing it based on what anyone says or doesn’t say. And that might be silly or shortsighted but that’s my mindset. So it’s a natural reaction of course but it’s just something I want to do less and less of.

If a friend asks me if they should see something or not I think about their tastes first. If I know it’s not for them I let them know lol. And the inverse is true. If I know it’ll work for one of them even if I didn’t like it I tell them that and say go see that shyt you’ll have fun. That just feels like it puts the nuance back in film discussion and film recommendation that the internet age is getting rid of
I think we all take into consideration who is recommending what.

You are a rare case because on one hand you say you won't see something based on someone's else's opinion, ever? But you also won't tell someone NOT to see something even if you hated it? Taking into consideration that person's taste and what you know about them? Basically?

If that's so that's coo and that's your discipline.

I think the only issue you might run into is missing out on dope shyt even when recommended by someone you trust.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think we all take into consideration who is recommending what.

You are a rare case because on one hand you say you won't see something based on someone's else's opinion, ever? But you also won't tell someone NOT to see something even if you hated it? Taking into consideration that person's taste and what you know about them? Basically?

If that's so that's coo and that's your discipline.

I think the only issue you might run into is missing out on dope shyt even when recommended by someone you trust.

I normally go with someone who's taste I identify with. like if my best friend recommends something to me, ill fukk with it because he and I are similar in taste. There are a lot of Stallone flicks I got into because of him, some of the lesser known shyt other than Rocky and Rambo. Same with some older Arnold joints. On the flip side, I put him onto a lot of hip hop and that's just because we are basically bill and ted when it comes to our mind meld. So its less about trusting anyone or distrusting and more about who has my vibe. Even when he was talking to me about Midsommar, he knew it wouldn't be for me lol. He could just tell. And he was 1000 percent right. I watched it with a friend of mine because she wanted to see it and its on prime so fukk it why not. Yup, not for me at all.

I've got a few friends really into horror. There are some id suggest invisible man to and others I wouldn't even though they're all into horror. Reason being is because I know what each of them looks for in a horror movie and what affects them. For my boy who is really into slashers and that type of shyt, I wouldn't dare tell him to watch invisible man. He'd hate it with a passion and be bored to death. And I've got another friend who has an issue with seeing domestic abuse on screen and he's sensitive to that. I respect that so I wouldn't tell him to fukk with it. But my other friends who like the suggestive nature of invisible man? Yeah this is for them. And I'd say they all "trust" me but my response to them would be it ain't about trusting me or not; it's about the shyt that you fukk with.

But yeah to answer your question, if im talking to someone i know really well and I see this flick that I just don't like, like midsommar, but I know they'd love it? Definitely telling them to see it. They'd get more out of it than I would and have an appreciation for it. Just because I don't fukk with it doesn't mean it shouldn't be seen by the people who do.