Knives Out Thread (Wake Up Dead Man: Knives Out 3 coming in 2025)

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
:patrice:y'all fukking serious? The internet told me Looper, Brick, and The Last Jedi (critics) were good films. TLJ was straight trash, Looper and Brick was straight medicore and forgetful. Might have to wait for this to hit streaming.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:patrice:y'all fukking serious? The internet told me Looper, Brick, and The Last Jedi (critics) were good films. TLJ was straight trash, Looper and Brick was straight medicore and forgetful. Might have to wait for this to hit streaming.
Those are all dope. Rian’s shyt just isn’t your cup of tea, homie. It happens :manny:

If you’ve seen three of his movies and didn’t like them, especially if you didn’t like Brick, then yeah he’s not your speed.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Those are all dope. Rian’s shyt just isn’t your cup of tea, homie. It happens :manny:

If you’ve seen three of his movies and didn’t like them, especially if you didn’t like Brick, then yeah he’s not your speed.

There's a lot of nerds out there pissed about The Last Jedi and they don't wanna let it go.. so they try to paint Rian Johnson as some type of 'hack' or moron.. when in fact, they are the morons. :manny:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
There's a lot of nerds out there pissed about The Last Jedi and they don't wanna let it go.. so they try to paint Rian Johnson as some type of 'hack' or moron.. when in fact, they are the morons. :manny:
Seems like it. I have nothing against the guy but knives out was a little over hyped. I thought it was just aight. Same with Looper.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It was a little overhyped IMO but it was still better than the majority of shyt films that nerds fawn over. :manny:
It's in the middle for me. I was expecting more comedy and better mystery but the entire film was spelled out before the midway point so that was disappointing to me which is why there's no repla6 value here. That Marta chick was cute tho.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
I’m about to see this in 35mm at the Egyptian, with an intro by Rian himself

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I just finished the directors commentary track on it...i love listening to directors breakdown different shots and techniques like RJ did...if you own it id def give watching that a shot.

I listened to his theater-viewing commentary when I saw it a second time on the big screen. He's great on there too. Did the same thing for Looper.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My parents marriage is being tested over this movie. My dad loves it and wants to watch it again, my mom thought it was boring and stupid.

Idk.

I liked it.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
This all around was a dope movie, and has vastly recovered by opinion of Rian Johnson's skills

That said...

Chris Evans was never a convincing red herring. Which is ironic, because so much of the reveal hinges on his sort of late introduction to the plot. But I did not at all think his sympathy for Marta was genuine since he was only ever characterized as an a$$hole. Moreover, the whole lab burning thing was so out of nowhere in a movie that precisely dictated everything previously. Too unrealistic and sloppy.

Exactly. I don't think Chris Evans character was that clever.

Ol girl looks like Miley Cyrus.

She looks like a casting couch hoe, she has a lot of projects lined up.

This movie was aight, glad I didn't see it in the theater.