Kinstrife: Physics-Based Swordfighting (Drunk Combat)

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
you gotta blend the realistic physics with some level of artistic license. Never go full ... whatever this is
They're advertising it as "momentum-based" physics thats why when they swing a sword damn near their whole body turns. In reality not only is there momentum, there are counter-forces when our bodies have good footing stances and stiffen up our limbs while ending the swing to go back. This shyt doesn't have enough counter-force in play.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
2nd vid looked OK if they can cleanup the backhand animation and the legs.

I wonder if itll be like real life and swords will not be the meta

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I have yet to play a physics-based combat game that actually feels fun. I feel like going full realism is too detrimental to the point of a videogame. I gave the Half Sword demo on Steam a try because people were raving over it, and it felt awful too.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I have yet to play a physics-based combat game that actually feels fun. I feel like going full realism is too detrimental to the point of a videogame. I gave the Half Sword demo on Steam a try because people were raving over it, and it felt awful too.

If you ever tried toribash with someone whose at equal skill level I can't think of a better physics-based combat game, hella fun

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
What is the point of this trash when Chivalry 1 & 2 exist?