Kevin Hart Joins Universal’s ‘Great Outdoors’ Remake

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Kevin-Hart-What-Now.jpg

Hart will also produce the new version of John Hughes’ comedy with Michael De Luca

Universal has brought on Kevin Hart to star in the upcoming remake of John Hughes’ 1988 comedy, “The Great Outdoors,” TheWrap has learned.

Hart will also co-produce the film via Hartbeat Productions with Michael De Luca, who is producing via Michael De Luca Productions. Randall Green is attached to write the script. The original film, which was written by Hughes and directed by Howard Deutch, starred Dan Aykroyd and John Candy as the patriarchs of two families who engage in a feud while on vacation in Wisconsin.

Green’s other work includes “Cartoon Girl” and “The Swimsuit Issue,” both of which were featured on the 2014 Black List. He was the only writer to have multiple scripts selected. Randall recently wrote the live-action “Scooby Doo” reboot for Warner Bros, and is also currently writing on the Showtime series “Billions.”

Elishia Holmes of Michael De Luca Productions is overseeing the project with Universal Production EVP Mark Sourian and CE Lexi Barta.

Hart will next be seen — or rather, heard — in theaters in the animated adaptation of “Captain Underpants” coming this June. He is also slated to reunite with “Central Intelligence” co-star Dwayne Johnson in a remake of “Jumanji” due out this December.

Hart is repped by UTA, 3 Arts and Schreck Rose. Green is represented by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Hansen, Jacobson.

Kevin Hart Joins Universal's 'Great Outdoors' Remake

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Wont be as good as the original but it will turn a profit at the box office. And basically that is all the studio cares about anyway.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This has the potential to be good as long as the script is solid and they get a director that can reign in Hart. This is also very dependent on what role Hart will be playing.

I'd still rather see the remake of Twins that Rock and Hart were supposed to do (which ended up becoming Central Intelligence).

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The premise is strong and could be remade for a different generation. Loved it as a kid and still do. All depends on who's playing opposite him and whether he's playing Chet or Roman.

Also I still say "bite the big one" to insult people

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The premise is strong and could be remade for a different generation. Loved it as a kid and still do. All depends on who's playing opposite him and whether he's playing Chet or Roman.

Also I still say "bite the big one" to insult people

I think the twist would be him playing the Roman role.