Kenny King Talks His Pro Wrestling Future, 'My Brother and Me,' And What's Next

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The way they used to replay the hell out of it back in the day made me think it had more than one season for years…

Dude everything about that show was flames and down to earth on a black perspective:

• The jokes were PG but not too corny
  • The dad not being an absolute cornball (hot sauce on the sammich tho :whew: )
  • Not overly stereotypical :mjpls:
  • Goo Punch>>>> :dame:
  • Had a legit black family structure
Of course the shyt had to get shytcanned for another season of Alex Mack :mjpls:

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Dude everything about that show was flames and down to earth on a black perspective:

Of course the shyt had to get shytcanned for another season of Alex Mack :mjpls:
Bruh when My Brother and Me were repping Charlotte and Gullah Gullah Island were repping for the Geechies in Charleston, it was an amazing time to be a young black boy from the Carolinas…

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

100% at the bolded part.
Not only was the family bond strong, but it was healthy and wholesome. They were basically the sandbox version of the Huxtables.
Also, as an HBCU alum, I LOVED seeing the HBCU clothing that was worn on the show and the Divine 9 paraphernalia that decorated the house.
Even today, tv shows aren't able to be that openly and unapologetically Black.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Bruh when My Brother and Me were repping Charlotte and Gullah Gullah Island were repping for the Geechies in Charleston, it was an amazing time to be a young black boy from the Carolinas…
That representation :ohlawd:
It's amazing how beneficial positive images of people who look like us are for Black boys and girls. We need that today.