Kellen Winslow Jr traded to Seattle

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Tampa Bay Buccaneers ship Kellen Winslow to Seahawks, sign Dallas Clark - ESPN

he Tampa Bay Buccaneers have traded tight end Kellen Winslow to Seattle and signed veteran Dallas Clark to a one-year deal.

The Seahawks sent an undisclosed 2013 draft pick to Tampa Bay for the 28-year-old Winslow, who said earlier Monday he'd been told the Bucs were planning to cut ties with him.

NFC South blog

Yasinskas ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas writes about all things NFC South in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Winslow told SiriusXM NFL Radio that new coach Greg Schiano told him he no longer fit the team's plans and the Buccaneers would try to trade him.

Winslow, who spent the last three seasons with the Bucs, also said Schiano implied the team had grown unhappy with the fact that he hadn't been taking part in offseason workouts with his teammates. Despite missing lots of practice time with knee issues, Winslow never missed a game in his time with the Bucs. In that span, he recorded 218 catches for 2,377 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Clark worked out for the Bucs last week.

"Dallas Clark is a consummate pro and proven playmaker," Tampa Bay general manager Mark Dominik said. "He will be another asset, on and off the field, for our team. In addition to Luke Stocker's continued improvement in his ability as an every-down tight end, we feel we have both talent and depth at the tight end position."

The Colts released Clark, who will turn 33 next month, on March 9 as part of a massive veteran purge following the release of franchise icon Peyton Manning.

Clark spent nine years with the Colts, catching 427 passes for 4,887 yards and 46 touchdowns. He also became the second tight end in NFL history to have 100-plus receptions in a season (2009). He was chosen for the Pro Bowl in that year.

Pretty decent TE combo with Zach Miller :yeshrug:

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
shyt I didn't know all that so my bad. Tampa was irrelevant last year. He'll be washed up in Seattle though, just like how Zach Miller became irrelevant after going there.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Glad. I use to be a K2 fan until last year. He dropped a pass that hit him right in the fukking hands and he had the nerve to run up to Freeman after the play and start yelling at him :wtf:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
shyt I didn't know all that so my bad. Tampa was irrelevant last year. He'll be washed up in Seattle though, just like how Zach Miller became irrelevant after going there.

I hope Tarvaris was the reason Zach wasn't used last year. If they don't use their tight ends this year with Winslow and Miller, :pacspit: