Kaz Hirai stepping down at Sony. Sony Entertainment future might be up for grabs.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Kaz was the only one who wanted to keep that part of Sony and he has announced he is stepping down April 1st.
With Kazuo Hirai Out, Sony’s Entertainment Strategy Loses Its Biggest Champion

It will be interesting to see what Sony does moving forward, Kaz turned them around, but its strange how he stepped down now, can only guess some dirt must have come up on him internally.

That said his successor has said he is in line with him, but they are already talking of selling their stake in Olympus, selling Sony Financial, selling the cellphone division, and selling Sony A/V.

Sony Pictures (film studio) is said to be on the brink, but Jumanji saved them, don't know how well that will go longterm in saving the studio though.

Interesting time ahead.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
It's only a matter of time before they stop making Playstations , there's definitely a crash going to happen

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
It's only a matter of time before they stop making Playstations , there's definitely a crash going to happen
Playstation is the most successful part of Sony as a company actually, so I doubt they stop making it.
Personally I think Kaz was right, they need to be positioning themselves to buy studies, liquidate the camera, cellphone, and a/v business and push heavy into content acquisition. They are sitting on a goldmine of Video game ips ripe for movies on top of a film library.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Playstation is the most successful part of Sony as a company actually, so I doubt they stop making it.
Personally I think Kaz was right, they need to be positioning themselves to buy studies, liquidate the camera, cellphone, and a/v business and push heavy into content acquisition. They are sitting on a goldmine of Video game ips ripe for movies on top of a film library.
I think it doesn't make as much as money as people think it does
I maybe wrong tho

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I think it doesn't make as much as money as people think it does
I maybe wrong tho

You don't have to think, look at their earnings report.
For the last 4 generations, Playstation's division is always one of the few divisions in a profit.
Some analyst credit it with keeping Sony alive period.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
You don't have to think, look at their earnings report.
For the last 4 generations, Playstation's division is always one of the few divisions in a profit.
Some analyst credit it with keeping Sony alive period.
I do remember hearing the only thing really keeping Sony afloat is the PS

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
If that means cheaper lenses and FF bodies, then :blessed: