Kamikaze Revy get in here, AAA Next gen Call of duty black ops to be 4k/120 with Ray tracing

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
My man...(@PS4)...4k/120fps is not going to be the standard this gen. No teraflops, cloud power, or your stannery are going to change that.
It’s a cute talking point, but current gen struggles to hit 4k/60, we aren’t just going to leap straight over that and hit 120fps at 4k across the board.
Truth is, we don’t need to either. 4k/60fps as a standard is awesome. Is not something to shrug at.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
My man...(@PS4)...4k/120fps is not going to be the standard this gen. No teraflops, cloud power, or your stannery are going to change that.
It’s a cute talking point, but current gen struggles to hit 4k/60, we aren’t just going to leap straight over that and hit 120fps at 4k across the board.
Truth is, we don’t need to either. 4k/60fps as a standard is awesome. Is not something to shrug at.
There is no standard, devs do what they want. You said it wouldn't be possible and yet it's happening with multiple LAUNCH TITLES so of course as they get better with the hardware they'll do even more so give it up already :ufdup:
Even top end PC hardware can’t achieve those.
No top PC has the velocity engine, and all the other shyt this has to make it possible. Ray tracing for instance doesn't affect performance on the Xbox. If it worked like how you're thinking the Xbox would had to have 25 teraflops to reach those goals...

Microsoft: Xbox Series X Performance Is 25+ TFLOPs when Ray Tracing; I/O Rate Equal to 13 Zen 2 Cores

TBC...

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
There is no standard, devs do what they want. You said it wouldn't be possible and yet it's happening with multiple LAUNCH TITLES so of course as they get better with the hardware they'll do even more so give it up already :ufdup:

No top PC has the velocity engine, and all the other shyt this has to make it possible. Ray tracing for instance doesn't affect performance on the Xbox. If it worked like how you're thinking the Xbox would had to have 25 teraflops to reach those goals...

Microsoft: Xbox Series X Performance Is 25+ TFLOPs when Ray Tracing; I/O Rate Equal to 13 Zen 2 Cores

TBC...
I mean...it’s not a hill to die on. :yeshrug:
4k/120fps would be dope as hell.
I just don’t see it happening as widespread as you think it will be and I think the evidence of how many PCs struggle with it is sufficient to make the assumption it won’t be that way for consoles. We’ll see. Like I said, 4k 120 would be wild...I’ll believe it when I see it though.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
If anyone actually believes it's going to be 4K/120/RT at the same time they're fukking insane or their stannery has driven them there.

The 3090 couldn't pull that shyt off and it isn't even out yet.

Also, thinking that RT =/= Frame loss means a complete lack of understanding of how graphical processing works at all. In order for it to not cause a noticeable drop in FPS, the system would need to be outputting enough to go 4K/144 with raytracing off and then capping the framerate at 120.

And if you think an Xbox is going to have that kind of power when it's GPU is less powerful than GPUs available now, you're out of your fukking gourd or the 'performance mode' is about to be 4K/120/RT and the graphics gonna look like minecraft pixel art. There is no in-between.

I wish all these 'durr, StRoNgEsT cOnSoLe' threads would... ya know... take into consideration the fact that the strongest console is still going to be weaker than the strongest PC by... ya know. A lot. And that difference only gets worse as the generation goes on and GPUs get upgrades and consoles stay the same. Yes there is better optimization.

But... :mjlol: anyone thinking they're going to get dual 2080s in SLI performance out of a console :picard: Y'all setting yourselves up for some terrible disappointment.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

TBC...

:mjlol:

"Next gen" console's won't even have cards in them as powerful as current gen pc's but they going to do 4k at 120fps and ray tracing :bryan:

And people believe it cause the people who are making the game told you so :dead:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they're doing all that then they're simply porting the ps4 pro/one x version over with an unlocked framerate. Probably some dynamic res to keep it as close to 120fps as possible.

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Doubt it but I can tell yall one thing...

Multiplats will still run and look better on SX compared to ps5

And most games are multiplats

Just saying

tumblr_mxiob2Yozm1qkoopko1_400.gif

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: PS4

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:mjlol:

"Next gen" console's won't even have cards in them as powerful as current gen pc's but they going to do 4k at 120fps and ray tracing :bryan:

And people believe it cause the people who are making the game told you so :dead:
Where did you get that information from? See bruh, you don't understand PC's and you clearly don't understand next gen consoles. Your breakdown/comparison proves that. It's been broken down already in this thread. Read the links, learn how they are achieving what they claim and then show me the PC today that does it the same way. Velocity ftw...
If they're doing all that then they're simply porting the ps4 pro/one x version over with an unlocked framerate. Probably some dynamic res to keep it as close to 120fps as possible.
No, it'll look better and have more shyt going on plus smarter Ai and then the 4k/120 plus Ray tray on one and global illumination on the other. Both systems are designed to run its lighting features without much hit to performance. Xbox will Rock native 4k while ps5 and series s will have dynamic 4k with the ps5 hitting 4k in spots and series s aiming for 1440p/60 but could got as high as 1800p if optimized right. VRR should keep things smooth regardless of limitations