Just saw "The Summit" (Sundance doc. on 11 killed climbing mount.)

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Minor spoilers. This was a decent documentary. Not saying it's a great film (I watch a lot documentaries so I'm not easily impressed). Basically, it's a people from different countries who climb this dangerous mountain called K2. Which is near Mt. Everest. It's set up like part re-enactment (which is the best part), actual pictures and film from the climbers, and interviews with family members of the deceased. As well as most of the survivors.

Good: The re-enactments. Not gonna front. At first I thought they was showing actual film of how these people died. But as sick it sounds, it was shot well of how these various people died. Some catch you by surprise. But it was crazy how some of these climbers were cold-blooded. They would see people fall. But just dip on them and keep climbing. One of the people interviewed compared it to driving in car and seeing an accident. You're not going to pull over. You'll look and keep going to your destination. That's how some of them did their teammates. Another thing that was good is that nobody really knew what happened. And how people died. Different survivors had different stories of what had happened.

Bad: Some of the people interviewed were just not interesting. They could have spent way more time with the actual re-enactment. I have no problem with people talking about their deceased love ones but it became redundant. I'd rather see what happened on that day the people died. Movie could have been cut to an 1hr 10 instead of 1hr:30. Also, it's slow at 1st. They try the character building but some of the people who died were not that interesting.

Bottom line:Once the film hit stride of what happened that day it was cool. Again, as morbid as this sounds, some of the deaths were entertaining because you had no idea how some of these people would die. But they try to fit too much within an hour and half. Could have edited it better.