Just saw The Guest starring Dan Stevens (Thriller) Minor and Major spoilers

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The critics are loving this movie. There are def. things in this move to enjoy. Particularly, the humor. But overall I could have waited for video for this one. The movie is a satirical film. I didn't know that going in. And you can get it from the dialogue, and predictable scenes. But that doesn't stop it from coming off cheesy to me (which of course was their intention). Basically, as the trailer shows, a the main character (who's from that Downtown Abby show) just shows up on this family doorstep saying he was a friend of their dead sons in the army. And the woman just lets him in the house. No questioning, just lets him in. Then he gives her some predictable line about trying to find somewhere to stay. And of course she offers their house.

Next, thing you know within 5 minutes this niguh is living their house and staying in their dead's son bedroom. He befriends the deadman's little brother. Who is basically getting picked on at school. He defends him by beating up the high school jocks who are picking on him. And teaches him morals like "If they pick on you. Find out where they live and burn down their houses.:leon: And this niguh is dead serious.:heh: This is the type of humor in this film.

The dead dude also has a sister. And the main character goes to a party with her. You expect this army dude to be a positive example at the party but again, it's satire. So he does the direct opposite.

Some people in the town start to mysterious die. And no one knows why. Except for the dead man's sister who suspects it's the the guest who is doing it. She calls the army base to check on his identity and it comes to find out Major spoiler
This niguh been dead for a week
Well, things really take a turn to find out the true identity of this Downtown Abby niguh.

In comes Commisoner Daniels from the Wire. Who knows exactly who this niguh is. Major spoiler
Downtown Abby niguh actually had some experiments done on his brain while in the army. He is basically this killing machine/ Terminator type of niguh. Who kills people when he feel threatened or knows his identity. He then kills the parents of his so called army buddies. And is going after the daughter and brother. So it turns from thriller to horror movie slasher film

Once Commisioner Daniels comes on the scene the film turns from this mystery film. To this action, slasher, horror movie type of feel. Even the ending, which some people in my audience booed MAJOR SPOILER
The army dudes brother ends up stabbing dude in the heart. Downtown Abby niguh gives some major cheesy lines before he dies. Like you see in slasher films. The school caught on fire while this was happening. The kids leave the building but it comes to find out that Downtown Abby niguh was not dead. He put on a fireman's suit and limps out. The kids know it's him and have a look of horror on their face. Then the movie suddenly ends. Like in a bad horror film

Look, I get the satire which I know some of yall will defend. I know how this board is. Which is fine. But to me, it just comes off as cheesy. It's doesn't come together like early Scream films to me. I'll give it a C+ for the entertainment value. But I can see some of yall loving it like the critics.

Red Omega

MANTRA
Daps
Reppin
New York
This right is here is good sht, especially if you liked Your Next. Watch it brehs.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Brehs, I just watched this. Movie was some dumb fun type of fukkery. If you enjoyed John Wick, you'd enjoy this movie too.

I actually liked it. Dude who played David looks like a weird mix of Paul Walker and Chris Evans :heh:

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Just saw this over the weekend.

Bar scene w/ kids :mjlol:

Was a little slow leading up but you knew dude was on some serious next shyt, then the last 20 minutes are :whoo::krs:

But WTF is up w/ this guy?

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
caught this last night. straight piff. dan stevens that dude...

tumblr_n7w48x4Nem1so3dl0o2_500.gif