Just saw Miss Sloane (political thriller) Minor spoilers

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

I went to see that Christmas Office movie but I got there too late for the free screening. So the movie people had another free movie, and this was it. Jessica Chastaine stars as Miss Sloane, a lobbyist in D.C. Like the Underwoods/House of Cards, she's in a cutthroat business and she does whatever. Her "opponents" in this film are Republican congressmans who don't want a gun regulation bill to pass.

The film features a couple of old actors you know (Mark Strong, John Litgow, Sam Waterston) and overall has a lot solid performances. The pace of the film is pretty fast with the dialogue. Basically the film starts off with Miss Sloane appearing before Congress for a crime she accused of commiting. Then the film pretty much gives you the backstory of how she ended up there.

Now, this ain't no thriller like House of Cards. But as you can imagine, there's a lot lies, blackmail, etc. Not really in action, killings, etc. Some sex but no nudity. Miss Sloane is a cold hearted person and like the Underwoods, anybody expendable. The problem with the film is it's explicitly propaganda.

Now, if you're anti-gun this won't bother you. But being that I'm pro-2nd amendment, it's too much at times. Especially with arguments, I feel are illogical. The climax of the film was unbelievable but at the same time entertaining. This was such a propaganda film that they actually had people after the film passing out lit. on the Brady Bill. Just too much. From an entertaining, it's a decent film. But if propaganda bothers you too much then pass on it. Or wait for video.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I liked it. I don't see what the big deal is behind wanting to vet people a bit more before giving them killing machines..