just saw Manchester by the Sea

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
casey affleck is one of the most underutilized actors in hollywood. i want to see this.
one of my favorite actors tbh

loved him in out of furnace with christian bale and the assassination of jesse james, and gone baby gone. don't know why he doesnt do many more movies where he is the main actor

go see this. its very good

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's been getting rave reviews all year. But I'll wait till it's on Amazon Instant video(prime)which it should be soon since its Amazon Studios

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I didn't like this movie. I won't say I hated it because it had some good moments, but overall it reminded me a lot of "Boyhood", in that the concept was interesting with small compelling dramatic moments, but the execution ended up being dry as hell. I think the film director wanted us to feel the awkwardness, aimlessness, and nothingness that the protagonist felt, but he ended up showing us way too much of nothing and by the end, I wanted to walk out just like @track 1.

Seriously, I can't believe the critical appraise this movie has received. It better not steal any awards from Moonlight or Fences because it's not even in the same league as those films.

I will say Casey Affleck can act his ass off, it is curious though that there were no protests or controversy about him and this film like there were of Mr. Nate Parker since Affleck also has a shady past of charges of sexual harassment.

4 out of 10 for me. :francis:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Nowhere close to 'Moonlight', some great performances, a beautiful shot or two, a great characterization of the town itself, and I loved Michelle Williams, but so underused. She had the most emotional line in the movie, "My heart is broken, and I know yours is too", (The delivery is so raw, the lines aren't incredible). All the scenes were it shifted into a teenage sex comedy were detrimental, one too many Casey Affleck is a loser scenes, but it felt like an honest, emotional piece of work. Also, very white, white working class, middle class (the Manchester variety) likely all Trump supporters....It was a good movie, but it won't make a top 5 list, and likely not a top 10.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Main problem to me was the humor. I'm the only ngguh in the show and nobody is laughing at most of the jokes. Which is rare because you'll usually find at least one white woman who'll laugh at anything. Casey was good but it was nothing that had me rooting for him. His nephew was a lame. If I was Casey we would have fought at least once with this lame niguh attitude. And that ending was terrible. Didn't care about either one of them with that ending. Good film but nothing that I would see again. For those who seen "Moonlighting" how much gay content is in it in terms of "intimacy". I've been avoiding for that reason but it might be tame.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Main problem to me was the humor. I'm the only ngguh in the show and nobody is laughing at most of the jokes. Which is rare because you'll usually find at least one white woman who'll laugh at anything. Casey was good but it was nothing that had me rooting for him. His nephew was a lame. If I was Casey we would have fought at least once with this lame niguh attitude. And that ending was terrible. Didn't care about either one of them with that ending. Good film but nothing that I would see again. For those who seen "Moonlighting" how much gay content is in it in terms of "intimacy". I've been avoiding for that reason but it might be tame.
Not much gay shyt really. I saw both movies and "Moonlight"(it is moonlight right?) and Manchester by the sea but "moonlight" was superior.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was gonna go see moonlight until I just found out about gay shy