Just making an observation

Daps
So lately I've seen alot of weddings which is of course normal but I've just notice that more of the ppl that are getting married are all white... only one blk couple I know got married everyone was white...most of the white ppl were ex cooworkers and current coworkers I've worked with that are around my age...27...its just an observation but are there any guys that do believe in marriage ?or do all my chocolate men want nothing to do with it

Last edited:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
pRkfdEs.png
Marry me @vicioustalk

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So lately I've seen alot of weddings which is of course normal but I've just notice that more of the ppl that are getting married are all white... only one blk couple I know got married everyone was white...most of the white ppl were ex cooworkers and current coworkers I've worked with that are around my age...27...its just an observation but are there any guys that do believe in marriage ?or do all my chocolate men want nothing to do with it
Black american men by and large don't want to have monogamous relationships, let alone get married.
Traditional marriage is basically over in this country for black couples that are the descendants of the slaves brought to the usa

I'm sure male fonts will drag out the "only a piece of paper" "why does the government need to be involved in my relationship" "divorce laws unfair to men" "black women arent marriage material anyway" talking points but that just proves my point.

Daps
Black american men by and large don't want to have monogamous relationships, let alone get married.
Traditional marriage is basically over in this country for black couples that are the descendants of the slaves brought to the usa

I'm sure male fonts will drag out the "only a piece of paper" "why does the government need to be involved in my relationship" "divorce laws unfair to men" "black women arent marriage material anyway" talking points but that just proves my point.

That so sad like I love to see blk love so basically they want a why by the milk when u already have the cow kinda girl...ita really to bad like I would like to see more of it but I mean to a certain extent I can understand y they don't wat to get married ...sometimes its the environment in which the women are just rubbish,...

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps

I always laugh when they bring up asset forfeiture laws in divorce. They have the least assets of any male group. :dead:

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
That so sad like I love to see blk love so basically they want a why by the milk when u already have the cow kinda girl...ita really to bad like I would like to see more of it but I mean to a certain extent I can understand y they don't wat to get married ...sometimes its the environment in which the women are just rubbish,...
You can alway try African men, but it's a culture shock. I only dated one, somali, west African men aren't into me.

I won't get into your women are rubbish line

Daps
You can alway try African men, but it's a culture shock. I only dated one, somali, west African men aren't into me.

I won't get into your women are rubbish line

I meant more in a sense it could be the type of women that are turning them off if ur in an environment of women that are making u make this face:rudy: or this:dahell:...or this:scusthov:............then I guess I can kinda understand its just its kinda sad to know that's wat going to have them swear off on marriage .. its really sad where women we're grown up on getting married was the ideal goal ...and know theres a good chance ur chocolate man isn't down for that ...I don't mean to say women are rubbish but just those rotten apples can really ruin it for the rest of us...as for African men did we mean straight off the boat African or Americanise African...still sad to see breaks my heart a little

Pycees

Rookie
Daps
People tend to follow trends that surround them. It's not as prevalent in the communities. That said it's also trending to not be on the radar for many millennials

Last edited:

Queen

CEO of #GPB
Daps
Reppin
Truth and logic
I am 30. I have been married to an American black male for 8 years. We have friends that were married either right before us, or within 3 years after our marriage. This past year we have attended two weddings. One of our friends proposed to his GF last month. I think he is 26.

Black couples do get married. They do marry in their 20s. However, I will concede that I did not feel that anyone was happy for me when I was about to get married, and I specifically remember saying that white girls my age do it all the time and everyone is happy so why am I getting shade? But then again, my mind was colonized in ways I wasn't aware of back then.

P.S. don't agree to FWBs, casual relationships that lack definition, or casual sex and you may find your Black King.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
I am 30. I have been married to an American black male for 8 years. We have friends that were married either right before us, or within 3 years after our marriage. This past year we have attended two weddings. One of our friends proposed to his GF last month. I think he is 26.

Black couples do get married. They do marry in their 20s. However, I will concede that I did not feel that anyone was happy for me when I was about to get married, and I specifically remember saying that white girls my age do it all the time and everyone is happy so why am I getting shade? But then again, my mind was colonized in ways I wasn't aware of back then.

P.S. don't agree to FWBs, casual relationships that lack definition, or casual sex and you may find your Black King.
How long did you know your husband before you married him?

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I meant more in a sense it could be the type of women that are turning them off if ur in an environment of women that are making u make this face:rudy: or this:dahell:...or this:scusthov:............then I guess I can kinda understand its just its kinda sad to know that's wat going to have them swear off on marriage .. its really sad where women we're grown up on getting married was the ideal goal ...and know theres a good chance ur chocolate man isn't down for that ...I don't mean to say women are rubbish but just those rotten apples can really ruin it for the rest of us...as for African men did we mean straight off the boat African or Americanise African...still sad to see breaks my heart a little

i guess im talking africans that were born in another country but came here as children.

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
@Prynce if you disagree state why, dont just neg and run