2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
Damn, American tuition is harsh

:skip:

Any scholarship/grant/bursary opportunities, OP?

I'm planning to work my way up to my PhD and still won't be in that type of debt after my education...

Come to Canada, brehs.
The be killing us out here :sadbron: @ the bolded, maybe I should lol

Haha thanks @rogue_riezo. And @Gene E. Yuss you def right about the age issue. After all those loans gotta worry about practicing long enough to make it worthwhile.

Props yall, preciate it.

rogue_riezo

Les Enfants Terribles
Daps
Is moving an option or are you tied down @2stainz?

Down here I'm pretty sure annual tuition will cost dramatically less than that. My sisters tuition for the year came to about R34 000 which is about $3400. She however is doing an entirely different course.

You will also have to make sure that the qualification received here is accredited in the states. Added to that our cost of living is dramatically cheaper too AND there is a slight chance you might be over credited for you current B.Pharm, I've seen people with BA's and BCom's from the other countries be credited with Honours level qualifications locally (this is not guaranteed though, and is often subject to motivation) and be granted access to Masters courses. Just make sure that you will receive accreditation in the US for the course Masters course completed here. Could save you time and money.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Do it..i got my MBA at 24...i know the longer you procrastinate the harder it gets to have the motivation to do it..as long as there is a specific end goal and it's a profitable field (which it is) you shouldn't worry about loans too much. It's an investment in your future

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just my 2 cents, congratulations on your accomplishments, and I would do it. I remember when people were telling me that Psychology was not the field to go into " therapists don't make no damn money." With my Masters and experience I was able to make a goood living. I continued and now I have my Ph.D. and by next year when I pass the eppp, I will be soooo straight it is ridiculous. The loans are crazy but I will make more than enough for it not to matter. I am also looking into loan forgiveness programs for people in certain fields, e.g. mental health, medical, and education who work in under-serviced areas. They forgive up to 20-30k yearly from your loans. Do your research and see if the field you are entering will be able to cover your lifestyle and loans. Use a financial calculator and punch in the math yourself. Make sure you know the main ways of making the most out of your profession, and find anyone who is doing something you admire in the field based on what you value , and pick their brain. Lastly, evaluate your values and see if the job fits in with them. For example, free time, family, autonomy, monetary compensation, social prestige. And I can't lie, I love it when people who see me think " What the hell is this Black man with dreads doing here, " then they get the 'hello, I am Dr......... The look and feeling is priceless.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
so Im entering my 4th year (all clinical), and I just ordered my graduation regalia (1 year early, but I guess thats how they do it)

just wanted to thank the brehs that told me to go for it. Im in the home stretch now

graduation date: June 2019

:mjcry:
Congrats breh!!!

giphy.gif

Happy to see your decision work out for you