Just Finished Read Dead Redemption 2

Daps
Just completed part 2. Ended more abruptly than I would have liked, missing context that explained John’s mission in RDR, but I actually liked it more than the first part - and that was amazing in and of itself. I never thought Dutch was a bad person, finding him fatally idealistic, so I’m glad he somewhat redeemed himself. I want to say Arthur deserved a better ending, but it was made all too clear that he wasn’t a good person, only developing a conscience as his mortality came into view. Would LOVE a RDR3 starring Charles. He was my favorite character in the game.

Ranks among the best games I’ve ever played. It’s as dense and interactive an open world game as I’ve ever played.

:salute:

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Only complaint is that it’s called “RDR 2” and it’s a prequel :francis:

could’ve named it “Red Dead Renegade” or “Red Dead Rebellion” or something.

grewt story, gameplay, love it :wow:

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
Damn I couldn’t play it a hour after I bought that piece a shyt.

Couldn’t use codes and said :wtf::camby:

gtfo wasting my space

Daps
Which was better? This or that?
They’re so different that I don’t know if it’d be fair to place on ahead of the other, given both are peerless in what they set out to do. If I had to pick one, I’d have to go with RDR2. Again, I’m still collecting my thoughts on TLOU2. It was an amazing, if oppressively bleak,,experience. It was also far removed from from the first.,

Daps
@I Really Mean It what about gameplay wise? TLOU2 or RDR2? Weapon choices, ease of movement, stealth mechanics, etc
While I had to take periodic breaks from TLOU2 because of its unceasing cynicism - which, while bleak in its own right, TLOU never made me do - RDR2 kept me captivated to the end. I’d say the moment to moment gameplay is superior in TLOU2, but that’s because it’s unrelenting, only giving you brief respites from its cycle of violence. The movement and combat in TLOU2 is the best I’ve experienced in any third person shooter; the movement and combat in RDR2 is serviceable, but could have been better. The world and its density is what I found so enthralling about RDR2. I usually trail off open world games, bored by the monotony. But RDR2’s world was different, alive in a way that no other open has ever been.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
While I had to take periodic breaks from TLOU2 because of its unceasing cynicism - which, while bleak in its own right, TLOU never made me do - RDR2 kept me captivated to the end. I’d say the moment to moment gameplay is superior in TLOU2, but that’s because it’s unrelenting, only giving you brief respites from its cycle of violence. The movement and combat in TLOU2 is the best I’ve experienced in any third person shooter; the movement and combat in RDR2 is serviceable, but could have been better. The world and its density is what I found so enthralling about RDR2. I usually trail off open world games, bored by the monotony. But RDR2’s world was different, alive in a way that no other open has ever been.
RDR2 is truly amazing.

Like you said the density of the world is unreal. The things you can do it’s really unbelievable the work that was put into crafting this game.

It’s a work of art

Last edited: