Just Finished Part 1 of Red Dead Redemption 2…Wow

Daps
I tried this when it came out, ending my session after just an hour or two, finding the place plodding and the movement too slow. Everything, from how your character walked to how he interacted with the environment, moved with a deliberate sluggishness that almost seemed to interfere with your agency. It made for a disconnect that I wasn’t able to overcome until recently.

I returned to it, taking my time with an understanding that this is how Rockstars wanted you to experience Arthur’s story. And, taking that into consideration, I have to say that this stands as one of the best games I have ever experienced.

I just ended the 1st story, which was epic in how it charted the consequences that inevitably- for most men, I’ll say - meets a life of depravity and violence. I loved Arthur as a character, despite knowing he wasn’t a good person at all, his qualms over the course of the game coming only as he pondered his mortality.

I don’t want to be spoiled, since I’ve only just begun the 2nd part, but that ending had to have been because of the choices I made. It was so sudden and unforgiving, as if to show me the error of my ways.

I don’t know what to think about Dutch. I don’t necessarily see him the way Arthur did at the end, as a man who betrayed his brothers for venal ends. I think he was a flawed idealist who had a vision he wasn’t willing to let go of, no matter how impractical or even impossible it became as the world encroached on him and his gang.

fukk Micah, though. :scust:

Hostile

All Star
Daps
The first few hours put me off as well. It was much better on my 2nd playthrough.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
I felt the exact same way you did. My first posts were even about how I didn't understand why anybody cared that much about this old white guy. Cut to a year later and I'm combing through eBay for a RDR2 treasure box for my house (which I found!) and play RD Online for HOURS at a time. The story really creeps up on you. But...aren't there like five parts? Breh, you haven't even started yet.

Every time I walked behind Micah I tried to shoot him in the head. I knew it wasn't possible, but I tried anyway. Every damn time.

As for Dutch? (Wait until you're done playing!)

Daps
I felt the exact same way you did. My first posts were even about how I didn't understand why anybody cared that much about this old white guy. Cut to a year later and I'm combing through eBay for a RDR2 treasure box for my house (which I found!) and play RD Online for HOURS at a time. The story really creeps up on you. But...aren't there like five parts? Breh, you haven't even started yet.

Every time I walked behind Micah I tried to shoot him in the head. I knew it wasn't possible, but I tried anyway. Every damn time.

As for Dutch? (Wait until you're done playing!)

How is Red Dead Online? I’ve never played it.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Didn’t mean to.
"I really mean it":lupe:
bye.gif