Just discovered how to stream almost anything to an Xbox (PS3 also?)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Under settings there is an option to turn on "play to" turn that on, then use the "play to" app on your phone, I'm on a windows 8 joint :manny: So anyways I pair up with the Xbox and it instantly takes over. It doesn't stream my phones videos without some hiccups.. It would stutter every 7 or so seconds. So then I see how the movies play. I try Great Gatsby 720p and it plays flawlessly :wow:
Pain & Gain, Red 2. Every movie played with no hiccups. And the kicker? None of these movies show up on my Xbox via my PC. I guess if my PC was windows 8 it would? I don't know why or how it's working but it does.

:eat:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not when you get hit with that Cinavia message

:ufdup:

yeah, that's shytty but it's because of the file you downloaded. i also found an easy way around it but it's tedious. you've got to your preferences and manually change the date. so like instead of 2013, push that bytch to 2030 -- then it should work fine

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have literally no idea what that is, so whatever it is, it's not in my way.
i've come across it at least 10 times when trying to download a new movie. best bet is to just download it from another source.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I have literally no idea what that is, so whatever it is, it's not in my way.
Do you download Blu-Ray rips for movies? I'm talking about the 8GB and up kind of rips...

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i've come across it at least 10 times when trying to download a new movie. best bet is to just download it from another source.
yeah, that's shytty but it's because of the file you downloaded. i also found an easy way around it but it's tedious. you've got to your preferences and manually change the date. so like instead of 2013, push that bytch to 2030 -- then it should work fine
I just use Roku now. Never have to worry about that again.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just use Roku now. Never have to worry about that again.

:scusthov: i don't know what generation roku you have but i couldn't fukks with it. the wifi wouldn't reach my bedroom properly, and they wanted my credit card info

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:scusthov: i don't know what generation roku you have but i couldn't fukks with it. the wifi wouldn't reach my bedroom properly, and they wanted my credit card info
:what:

I have the Roku 2 XD. Not sure why they asked you for your CC info, but the wireless isn't an issue and it actually supports Wireless N which is superior to what's in the PS3 by a landside. I have it in 3 rooms and I can stream everything in HD. My mancave is down the hall and down the stairs and it's still putting Netflix, HBOGo, and my Plex streams in HD for a nikka.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what:

I have the Roku 2 XD. Not sure why they asked you for your CC info, but the wireless isn't an issue and it actually supports Wireless N which is superior to what's in the PS3 by a landside. I have it in 3 rooms and I can stream everything in HD. My mancave is down the hall and down the stairs and it's still putting Netflix, HBOGo, and my Plex streams in HD for a nikka.

the first gen roku required CC info, don't know if that's changed but it definitely required it. as for the wireless, my roku was only meant for the bedroom. it just didn't do a good job of streaming imo, the netflix videos came out poor quality. my ps3 is in my living room like 12 ft away from my router, so it's not a issue :yeshrug:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Do you download Blu-Ray rips for movies? I'm talking about the 8GB and up kind of rips...

Nope, I download everything in 720p max because the quality difference between that and 1080p is abysmal to me and it saves me nearly half the download time.