Just came from Outer Banks and Eastern Shores DelMarVa. So much black history. Where my FBA NC,VA,MA,De people??

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I love that drive down to the Outer Banks.

I need to find the best soul food spots or black owned fish spots.

Bridge named after the black man that basically started the coast guard. These brothers jobs was to walk up and down the beach at night looking for ships in distress. They manned a light house. They would have to swim or row out to the boats to help off load them. They have an entire museum.
new-sign-installed-web.jpg

190515-G-G0000-3002.JPG

Saw a couple of old plantations.

HJCS_exterior-scaled.jpg

Oldest free black community founded in 1787 The HiLL Eastern Shores MD

Featured-Photo-of-The-Hill-Neighborhood-in-Easton-Maryland.jpg

Was also Harriet Tubmans stomping grounds. Black watermen and pirates all up and down the coasts.

The maroon colonies in the swamps weren’t far either. Walking distance or if you had a row boat and knowledge of the canals even better.

My family goes every year. Highly recommend the drive. Plenty of places to stop and eat and sight see.

Great fishing!

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Dumb question but is there where Uni. Of Maryland-Eastern Shore is? Never knew that area had this type of history

Yeah it’s in Princess Anne, I think that’s Somerset or Wicomico county.

I keep telling myself I’ll visit this part of Maryland more it’s the only other part of the state with a high concentration of Black people. It’s a crazy thought, but I’ve always felt like wealthy Black people should buy up Eastern Shore and turn it into a hub of Black excellence.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I love that drive down to the Outer Banks.

I need to find the best soul food spots or black owned fish spots.

Bridge named after the black man that basically started the coast guard. These brothers jobs was to walk up and down the beach at night looking for ships in distress. They manned a light house. They would have to swim or row out to the boats to help off load them. They have an entire museum.
new-sign-installed-web.jpg

190515-G-G0000-3002.JPG

Saw a couple of old plantations.

HJCS_exterior-scaled.jpg

Oldest free black community founded in 1787 The HiLL Eastern Shores MD

Featured-Photo-of-The-Hill-Neighborhood-in-Easton-Maryland.jpg

Was also Harriet Tubmans stomping grounds. Black watermen and pirates all up and down the coasts.

The maroon colonies in the swamps weren’t far either. Walking distance or if you had a row boat and knowledge of the canals even better.

My family goes every year. Highly recommend the drive. Plenty of places to stop and eat and sight see.

Great fishing!
I used to go to this gun range in the middle of nowhere and passed by the plantations where Fredrick Dougless and Harriet Tubman where enslaved at.

There was an underground passage in the area and that's where Harriet would dip off to freedom.

Met a lady in the Tidewater a history professor that wrote a book about Black Watermen taking slaves from the tide water to freedom in the north. Was the easiest way to get freedom in that time.

Tons of history out there.

It's also suprisingly close to where Nat Turner had his rebellion.

Since Brother Nat Turner never went toward the tide the idea of him escaping wasnt even a thought. He was gonna get his people free and they where gonna remain on the land that they built.

Brother Nat Turner was possibly the greatest FBA hero of all time.