"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I don't think he has a good feel for the game in the first half of most games...he's very reactive and not proactive in setting the tempo at the start of games

When Hurts held on to the ball to allow plays to develop, offense looked horrible

Those WR to backfield motions and the middle screens to Swift were a nice adjustment by BJ in the 2nd half...we need more of that to counter blitzes

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
nah, transfers over to whoever claims him off waivers

Ahh ok, so its just with trades that the signing bonus is prorated and eaten by the original team. But, if signing bonuses are paid at signing, but spread throughout the length of the contract as a cap hit, how would a waiver claim end up taking that guaranteed money?

Either way, that does work somewhat in our favor unless i'm missing something else regarding the waiver wire literature.

We may end up the Philadelphia Coltans bulleagles. :wow:

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Ahh ok, so its just with trades that the signing bonus is prorated and eaten by the original team. But, if signing bonuses are paid at signing, but spread throughout the length of the contract as a cap hit, how would a waiver claim end up taking that guaranteed money?

Either way, that does work somewhat in our favor unless i'm missing something else regarding the waiver wire literature.

We may end up the Philadelphia Coltans bulleagles. :wow:

i actually got it wrong, the colts take on the remaining $8 mil of guaranteed money on his contract (4 mil 2024 & 4 mil 2025). still though, i really don't see a nfl team claiming him off waivers with the years still left on that contract & even having to cough up 6 mil this late into the season. howie would have to work a little magic just to free the 6 mil to claim him for the season. i can't pretend like i watch the colts at all so i don't know how bad his fall off has been, but it's pretty damning how we're even here when he was on a HOF trajectory before the injuries. i think he clears waivers then a bunch of contenders (us included) try to sign him for cheap.

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
i actually got it wrong, the colts take on the remaining $8 mil of guaranteed money on his contract (4 mil 2024 & 4 mil 2025). still though, i really don't see a nfl team claiming him off waivers with the years still left on that contract & even having to cough up 6 mil this late into the season. howie would have to work a little magic just to free the 6 mil to claim him for the season. i can't pretend like i watch the colts at all so i don't know how bad his fall off has been, but it's pretty damning how we're even here when he was on a HOF trajectory before the injuries. i think he clears waivers then a bunch of contenders (us included) try to sign him for cheap.

Yea I agree, I can't imagine him not getting a prove it deal from a top 6 team. He may be enticed by a Raiders/Bears team throwing 10m at him (if they still stupid af over there) but the smart money is a prove it deal for the remainder of the season or a ~6 mil deal through next season. Being 30, healthy and back on top of his game can net him that last huge contract, and he can do it on a contender.

Give it a try Howie. :steviej: