"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
694d76aa-07ef-4d2e-a15f-fe7cfafff3a3_400.jpg

(Eagles Take Down Defending Super Bowl Champions Chiefs in Classic Super Bowl Rematch. They advance to 9-1 for the 2nd straight Season)

philadelphia-eagles-v-chicago-bears.jpg

(Devonta Smith Goes Off with 99 Yards and huge 40 Yard Bomb)

ZlTaYqkm_400x400.jpg

(Josh Sweat and the Eagles Defense Shut Down The Chiefs holding them to 0 points in the 2nd Half)

*Eagles advance to 9-1 for the 2nd consecutive Season and the 7th time in Franchise History. All Previous 9-1 Eagles Teams have advance to the Super Bowl or NFL Championship (1949, 1960, 1980, 2004, 2017, 2022, 2023)
*#1 NFC BEAST, #1 NFC SEED, #1 RECORD NFL
*YOU LOSE OR YOU LEARN: Jalen Hurts Historic Season continues with his 13 Consecutive Regular Season Win against Winning Teams. He's also won 8 Straight Games after trailing by 10 or more points. Jalen Hurts is now 26-2 over his last 28 Regular Season Games. Jalen has now avenged both of his playoff losses this season by beating Tampa earlier and now Kansas City. He's now in the MVP Race for the 2nd Straight year.
*THE SLIM REAPER RISES: Devonta came through with 99 crucial yards including a 40 yard bomb from Jalen.
*THE CLOSERS: Eagles Defense continues to close out Teams with another 2nd Half Shutout.
*EAGLES FINALLY BEAT ANDY: Andy Reid loses his first game ever to the Eagles after winning 4 Straight. The Eagles also snap the Chiefs 14 Straight Winning Streak in November. Chiefs stil lead the All Time Series 6-5.

*AS THE NFC BEAST TURNS: Boys Blow out The GMen and Panthers. Washington losses back to back games to Seattle and GMen. GMen bounce back after getting blown out with big win over Washington.

9-1, Back to Back Seasons. Took down the Chiefs in KC which is damn near impossible and very rare. Look this was by the far the Best Defense the Eagles have seen this Season even over the Jets. KC Defense has vastly improved. Spagnulo really has this Defense looking great. They had us on the ropes in the 1st Half. They shut down AJ basically all game. They brought so much pressure. Chris Jones is a damn beast out there. I thought our Defense pretty much kept Patrick and Company in Check. They were getting ran on hard though. But they shutdown Travis most of the game. Patrick and his WR just weren't in sync the 2nd half. Jalen and Smitty came through hard when they had too. Two 2nd half TD's and that was the difference in the game. Jalen has now won 13 Consecutive Games against Winning Teams and has had several come back wins.

The Offense didn't play great but it was bad weather. Patrick missed that pass, the ball could have been slick. The conditions are why both Jalen and Patrick didn't light it up in the passing game. But best win of the Season based on level of difficulty. Again Beating Andy and Pat in KC is so damn hard. This is a team that has been to 5 Straight AFC Title Games and 3 Super Bowls while winning 7 straight Division titles. They have been the standard so beating them in their House was huge. But Classic game, Props to the Chiefs. They will be back in the playoffs but it's going to be a battle for the 1 Seed in the AFC. Eagles maintain a 2 game lead in the NFC BEAST. They are also 1 game up on the Lions with a better Conference record. 49ers has awaken and are back to their winning ways. Cowboys are hanging around as well. Overall everything is on course. Win the Division, Get the #1 Seed and Bye Week. Huge Win and shows why the Eagles are the best team in the League. They are never out of it. Oh yeah, Jason finally got that W over little Bro.

Last edited:

CW99

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Spags had BJ shook with that pressure :russ: Had the breh dialing up the screens Steichen and Siri used in 2021 when we had Reagor and JJAW out there :dead:

The 3rd & 10 to Smitty woke him up and he put his foot back on the gas.
I cant remember when the last time we used traditional screens. It was a sight to see.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I probably sound like a meathead who is missing something obvious revealed in the ALL-22 film
But Brian Johnson be killing me with the calls sometimes. Every QB draw and screen he called last night had me punching the air
Defense came through in the second half after struggling with the Pacheco show in the 1st

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I probably sound like a meathead who is missing something obvious revealed in the ALL-22 film
But Brian Johnson be killing me with the calls sometimes. Every QB draw and screen he called last night had me punching the air
Defense came through in the second half after struggling with the Pacheco show in the 1st

I don't think he has a good feel for the game in the first half of most games...he's very reactive and not proactive in setting the tempo at the start of games

When Hurts held on to the ball to allow plays to develop, offense looked horrible

Those WR to backfield motions and the middle screens to Swift were a nice adjustment by BJ in the 2nd half...we need more of that to counter blitzes

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'd buy every lotto ticket in my city if 30 teams don't put a waiver claim on him :heh:

I get the injury history and not playing like a star anymore... But 6 milly and 28 years old. Gotta take a flyer on that, someone does.

the remaining years on the contract is what makes it tricky though. 16+ mil cap hit per year for the next 3 years :hubie:

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
the remaining years on the contract is what makes it tricky though. 16+ mil cap hit per year for the next 3 years :hubie:

The guaranteed money stays with Indy, right?

If so, that's an obvious and immediate restructure.

Unless he decides to play hardball in order to reach free agency. Then.....

......Howie

:steviej: