July 4th week gonna be lit

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Lead up to Trump sentencing:mjgrin:

General election in the UK where Nigel Farage of all people may poll higher than the Tories :snoop:
What's the feeling brehs? @Heimdall @jj23 @LiveFromLondon @VertigoKnight

Now a snap election in France where there is some (hopefully small) probability a far right social influencer, Jordan Bardella, will become prime minister :what: @mbewane @Liu Kang

Between this and the party conventions this summer will be a hot mess.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lead up to Trump sentencing:mjgrin:

General election in the UK where Nigel Farage of all people may poll higher than the Tories :snoop:
What's the feeling brehs? @Heimdall @jj23 @LiveFromLondon @VertigoKnight

Now a snap election in France where there is some (hopefully small) probability a far right social influencer, Jordan Bardella, will become prime minister :what: @mbewane @Liu Kang

Between this and the party conventions this summer will be a hot mess.
Labour is going to feast this election. Not even a question. The big question is if the Tories survive or if they get overtaken by Reform.

That should indicate how big a shytshow the Tories in power have been. From Brexit to scandals to general poor government.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Labour is going to feast this election. Not even a question. The big question is if the Tories survive or if they get overtaken by Reform.

That should indicate how big a shytshow the Tories in power have been. From Brexit to scandals to general poor government.

Not familiar with the UK like that, what exactly is a Tory?

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
The conservatives
The thing about the UK Tories I find interesting is so many of those far right crash dummies are non White. Granted I know about the Asians, especially those who immigrated from East Africa, being conservative but the sheer number with Suella, Priti, Kemi, and Cleverly wouldn't happen here. They have them in the GOP ranks but it is one at a time or they are just window dressing or they are just public intellectual types.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
The thing about the UK Tories I find interesting is so many of those far right crash dummies are non White. Granted I know about the Asians, especially those who immigrated from East Africa, being conservative but the sheer number with Suella, Priti, Kemi, and Cleverly wouldn't happen here. They have them in the GOP ranks but it is one at a time or they are just window dressing or they are just public intellectual types.

Look closer.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus

:ohhh:very interesting

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
What's the feeling brehs? @Heimdall
The polls are looking good, very good... for Labour: General election 2024 poll tracker: How do the parties compare?

Last night I heard about another sort of poll which suggests a 256-seat majority for them, which is just crazy. :whoo: That said, the Tories won a large majority in the last election but seem to have largely squandered the opportunity...

Labour could win a 256-seat majority at the election, according to a new mega-poll, with the party projected to win 453 seats ahead of the Conservatives on 115.

The MRP analysis from Ipsos – its first of the 2024 election campaign – also projected that Labour would win Islington North ahead of former party leader and independent candidate Jeremy Corbyn and that Reform UK leader Nigel Farage would emerge victorious in Clacton.

When the election was announced, I thought perhaps the timing might have been some cynical move to hold it while younger potential voters may be distracted, but it seems the timing will work against them. They just can't catch a break :heh:

More than 30 Conservative seats are at risk of changing hands because of students returning home for the summer holidays, according to analysis of how student voters could influence the outcome of the UK’s general election.

The cabinet minister Esther McVey’s Tatton constituency is one of the 35 suburban or rural seats where Tory hopes could be dashed by students registered to vote at their family home, rather than their university term-time address.

David Cameron couldn't keep Nigel's name out of his mouth, which has probably only made him more popular. He is standing for a seat in Clacton, after apparently saying he wasn't going to (this was a surprise to me), and he will probably win this time! There's also a young breh standing for Labour: I was briefly optimistic for him.

The projections show Mr Farage at 52 per cent, far ahead of the next candidate, Labour’s Jovan Owusu-Nepaul at 24 per cent.

Actually I think the most surprising thing is that he can still garner so much support. IIRC as a member of the European Parliament he had one of the worst attendances, while apparently only being there to complain... and get paid.

I am getting the impression that there is now a media consensus that the Tories have to go this time, maybe because of the polling, idk. There also isn't the same sort of vehement response to Starmer as there was to Corbyn: it's almost like they've been trying to paint Keir as a safe pair of hands. They kept saying JC was unelectable, and honestly I didn't see what the problem was, apart from them saying he was unelectable. But there hasn't been any of that this time.

Daps
No it won't. They kicked Joey Chestnut from the Hot Dog eating contest :snoop:

Now all I gotta look fwd to is seeing if this is the year that Badlands Chuggs has a massive heart attack on live TV. :snoop:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
WTF does European politics have to do with the 4th :dahell:

we getting drunk and blowing shyt up and grilling breh fukk all that other shyt :russ: