John Wick 5: Lionsgate Boss Confirms Early Development

KingsOfKings

๐•„๐•’๐••๐•๐•š๐•“ ๐•š๐•ค ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐”พ๐• ๐•’๐•ฅ
Daps

motionlessZombie

All Star
Daps
I still haven't watched the John Wick movies, just 30 minutes of the first one. Judging from what I have heard about the 4th movie and with this news, this franchise is going into Fast and the Furious territory.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I just finished chapter 4 and... Nxgga how?? :what:

spin-off is called "ballerina"

Ballerina is an upcoming American action thriller film directed by Len Wiseman from a screenplay by Shay Hatten and Emerald Fennell, based on a story by Hatten. It is the first spin-off of the John Wick franchise, and is set between the events of John Wick: Chapter 3 โ€“ Parabellum (2019) and John Wick: Chapter 4(2023). It stars Ana de Armas, Anjelica Huston, Gabriel Byrne, Lance Reddikk, Catalina Sandino Moreno, Norman Reedus, Ian McShane, and Keanu Reeves. In the film, ballerina-assassin Rooney (Armas) hunts those who killed her family.

Lionsgate acquired Hatten's spec script for the film in 2017, leading to him contributing to the final screenplay for Parabellum and then serving as the lead writer for Chapter 4. In October 2019, Wiseman was hired as director, with franchise director Chad Stahelski confirmed as a producer by May 2020. Ballerina was officially announced in April 2022, with de Armas confirmed to be replacing Unity Phelan, who portrayed the character in Parabellum, in the lead role; by that November, the rest of the main cast was rounded out. Principal photography began soon after, taking place in Prague.

The film is scheduled to be released on June 7, 2024.

Daps
spin-off is called "ballerina"

Ballerina is an upcoming American action thriller film directed by Len Wiseman from a screenplay by Shay Hatten and Emerald Fennell, based on a story by Hatten. It is the first spin-off of the John Wick franchise, and is set between the events of John Wick: Chapter 3 โ€“ Parabellum (2019) and John Wick: Chapter 4(2023). It stars Ana de Armas, Anjelica Huston, Gabriel Byrne, Lance Reddikk, Catalina Sandino Moreno, Norman Reedus, Ian McShane, and Keanu Reeves. In the film, ballerina-assassin Rooney (Armas) hunts those who killed her family.

Lionsgate acquired Hatten's spec script for the film in 2017, leading to him contributing to the final screenplay for Parabellum and then serving as the lead writer for Chapter 4. In October 2019, Wiseman was hired as director, with franchise director Chad Stahelski confirmed as a producer by May 2020. Ballerina was officially announced in April 2022, with de Armas confirmed to be replacing Unity Phelan, who portrayed the character in Parabellum, in the lead role; by that November, the rest of the main cast was rounded out. Principal photography began soon after, taking place in Prague.

The film is scheduled to be released on June 7, 2024.

Don't do this. :snoop:

Daps
5 will most likely end the franchise. One final mission

Nah, keep it going forever. Like Fast and Furious. :mjgrin:

I used to think that there was only so many things you could do with gun fu, and that I would get tired of watching John Wick kill people the same way over and over again...

:mjgrin: But I was wrong.

Breh killed an NBA player with a book in chapter 3. In chapter four, I watched three dudes get hit by a car, and as their bodies were in the air, John Wick spun around and gave them 3 kill shots. :banderas:

I'm not tired of this yet. Nowhere close. :banderas:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
kinda wish they left it at 4. They ended it perfectly, but hey it smashed the box office so capitalism is obviously gonna run it into the ground