John Travolta's ‘Gotti’ Sets Deal With Vertical Entertainment For June Release

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps

Vertical Entertainment has come aboard for U.S. theatrical distribution rights to Gotti, the pic about the famed mob boss that stars John Travolta and is directed by Kevin Connolly. The distributor will now team with Sunrider Productions to give the film a wide release June 15.

That’s the date Connolly pegged last month after its original December release date was scrapped, and the filmmakers exercised a buy-back clause with Lionsgate Premiere, which was giving the film a day-and-date VOD/theatrical release. The plan was to secure a new distributor that would do a wide release.

Sunrider’s Edward Walson who had purchased the film rights at the time, negotiated the new deal with Vertical along with Phillip Glasser.

“I have always been fascinated by the John Gotti story,” Walson said. “When I first saw the film, I knew it had a tremendous amount of potential, especially due to the terrific performance by John Travolta. I felt with some re-editing, new music, and an incredible soundtrack, it would take the film to another level. I felt as a producer, it was important to learn the distribution business for my future film projects. We had meaningful discussions with several potential distributors, we decided that partnering with Vertical was our best option for success.”

Adapted from the John A. Gotti memoir Shadow of My Father, the script is from Lem Dobbs and Leo Rossi. Emmett/Furla/Oasis produced the film alongside Highland Film Group and Fiore Films, with Randall Emmett and George Furla as producers.

Kelly Preston, Spencer Lofranco, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Stacy Keach, Chris Mulkey and Lydia Hull co-star.

‘Gotti’ Sets Deal With Vertical Entertainment For June Release