Joey Bada$$ Talks '1999' Reception, Hit-Boy Co-Sign, And Pro Era Project

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Joey Bada$$ and his Pro Era crew took over SOBs last night in front of a packed house. Afterwards, Bada$$ took time out to take some flicks with his fans while just about everyone on the sidewalk gave him daps for a solid performance. While chilling with his friends, he gave us a quick update on the reception of his highly regarded 1999 mixtape, Hit-Boy co-signing him on Twitter, thoughts on securing a spot on the 50 Best Albums of 2012 (So Far), and the Pro Era project in the works.

Interview: Joey Bada$$ Talks '1999' Reception, Hit-Boy Co-Sign, And Pro Era Project | Complex

On Hit-Boy co-signing him on Twitter:

"Yeah, he was showing some love. I just watched the video that he put out when he was rapping. I kind of had a feeling that he would hit me up after that. And he hit me up, it was weird. He was like, “Yo, I bump your shyt.” And he was showing love. It feels good because that just brings me one step closer to Jay. That’s what everybody from Brooklyn tries to accomplish—to meet Jay. To be acknowledged. That’s one of my main goals to be acknowledged by Jay. I already did a couple interviews with Life + Times and stuff like that, so he’s gotta be watching."

:obama: