Joe Staten: The open world of Halo was significantly scaled back compared to original vision

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Infinite was the first open world Halo game so it's understandable there were several changes during development, but in particular the scope and biome variety were heavily revised.

"We didn't end up cutting that much ultimately from the open world but I know that from the original designs there was a pretty significant scaling back of what the team had hoped at one point that they could deliver on."

I was wondering why it was only one biome. Don’t think I’ve ever seen an open world game like that before:patrice:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I thought this was known because they had to cut a bunch to meet the deadline. For the most part it was fun, but you could tell they needed more time or mismanaged time in creating game. I do wonder how much better the game would've been if they had Staten from the jump because it seems they lacked direction with previous leadership. While I enjoyed the campaign I prefer the linear open environment of the old games.

Daps
the only issue I had was the lack of environments in the open world but the world itself was condensed and full of activity.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Can't skimp on your major franchises. That's why it's dead in less than a year. All the money and resources of MS and they still can't make it work. These two publishers they own will save the day I guess.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Can't skimp on your major franchises. That's why it's dead in less than a year. All the money and resources of MS and they still can't make it work. These two publishers they own will save the day I guess.
truth be told.. Microsoft should have spent the xbone gen making a bunch of new ip's/franchises so that it could be paying off with this current gen.

that+gamepass+the companies they have bought.. they would be in a far better place

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I mean they gave them like 7 years and half a billy to make the game. It’s really just a high level of incompetence and forcing shyt that didn’t need to be forced.

They didn’t need to make this game