Joe Flacco: Browns never made me an offer for 2024

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The 2023 Comeback Player of the Year almost didn’t have a spot to come back to in 2024.

Quarterback Joe Flacco, who reiterated in a post-game call to PFT that he plans to play as long as he can, came off the bench and got a win in relief of starter Anthony Richardson.

Flacco explained that he was interested in the Colts because of his shared time in Philly with Indy coach Shane Steichen. More importantly, and as Flacco said, the phone wasn’t exactly ringing off the hook.

It definitely didn’t ring from Cleveland. He said they made him no offer to return for 2024.

The reason is obvious: Flacco did too well last year. This year, Browns fans would be clamoring loudly for Flacco, four games into another unimpressive showing from Deshaun Watson.

It all flows back to Watson’s contract. The Browns had no choice but to continue to prop him up, even if there’s no clear evidence that he’s the guy he was in 2020, when we last saw him play at a high level on a consistent basis.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Choose your Taadow Hot Take:

A) There should be a building behind the Pro Hall of Fame for players who were anomalies like Joe Flacco.
I mean - they are famous, and it’s the Hall of FAME. Guys who were amazing just for a moment. Or guys like Flacco
who just won’t stay down. Put Okeye in there. Harbaugh. Rypien. DeBerg. Alstott. Centers. Sherman.

Give them orange jackets.

Or

B) Joe Flacco might be a vampire.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Choose your Taadow Hot Take:

A) There should be a building behind the Pro Hall of Fame for players who were anomalies like Joe Flacco.
I mean - they are famous, and it’s the Hall of FAME. Guys who were amazing just for a moment. Or guys like Flacco
who just won’t stay down. Put Okeye in there. Harbaugh. Rypien. DeBerg. Alstott. Centers. Sherman.

Give them orange jackets.

Or

B) Joe Flacco might be a vampire.

I came to make a thread asking if Joey Flacco was making a greater Hall Of Fame case than Eli Manning. But then I decided "why invite being called stupid and a troll into your life this early in the morning?". Low and behold this thread pops up,and you expressed my thoughts with a much better idea:salute:

Eli felt more flukey to the point that I still dont know if he would make it into either building:mjlol:

Guys like Deshaun would be there though:francis:

One of the greatest fall offs that still cant be explained smh.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Browns fukked up. If they were always going to keep three QBs it would have made more sense to re-sign Flacco. Can Jameis provide a spark after Watson inevitably gets benched or injured? Sure, but he's going to turn the ball over like he always does. Granted the coach/GM aren't getting fired but why potentially waste a year with no Plan B....

I think Watson is done.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They didn't re-sign him because they're stuck with Deshaun and the rest of the team would've been begging for Joe to start by this point already
That locker room can't fukking stand Deshaun's bum ass
You could see it all over their faces when Joe was starting last year they were so happy to have anyone else throwing passes to them

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
Browns fukked up. If they were always going to keep three QBs it would have made more sense to re-sign Flacco. Can Jameis provide a spark after Watson inevitably gets benched or injured? Sure, but he's going to turn the ball over like he always does. Granted the coach/GM aren't getting fired but why potentially waste a year with no Plan B....

I think Watson is done.
Yeah because Flacco doesn’t turn the ball over :stopitslime:

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Browns should've kept him he serves no purpose on a rebuilding team (Indy). I'd much rather have Jameis at QB2. Make the trade Cleveland it's not too late.