Joe Budden's the Growth album

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
da4f01551b36fd1fc472c51c236c8f51.750x749x1.jpg

I wasn't into this cat's music during this time. I didn't catch on until Mood Muzik 3 dropped and really seen how dope he was. But my question for his fans here is whats the story behind why his album didn't drop? I don't understand how he went gold, he had Pump it Up playing EVERYWHERE, He had the jawn with Busta on Mean Girls, He had a Hov featured remix, and was in a video game. All of that promo and no sophomore album? Did he rub somebody the wrong way up there or something?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I can remember, the label just kept pushing it back. Jay wouldn't give him a feature, but ended up doing a freestyle over Pump It Up. Then, he spoke on the frustration with the label on MM3 & took shots at Jay. That was the very end of 07. Then, he started the slaughterhouse stuff & dropped another tape (Halfway House) in 08. Then he dropped his second album in the beginning of 09.

Soon

Banned
Daps
From what I can remember, the label just kept pushing it back. Jay wouldn't give him a feature, but ended up doing a freestyle over Pump It Up. Then, he spoke on the frustration with the label on MM3 & took shots at Jay. That was the very end of 07. Then, he started the slaughterhouse stuff & dropped another tape (Halfway House) in 08. Then he dropped his second album in the beginning of 09.

First single was Gangsta Party ft. Nate Dogg
Jay-Z taking over as Def Jam pres. pretty much put Budden's album on hold.
Even Young Gunz and Tierra Marie got released before Budden.

Here is the album cover.
pQCnOma.png

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
Its a well known fact jay-z will blackball anyone who poses a threat to him. We can hate joe for the antics but he has lyrics whether you want to admit it or not.

Vilhena

All Star
Daps
First single was Gangsta Party ft. Nate Dogg
Jay-Z taking over as Def Jam pres. pretty much put Budden's album on hold.
Even Young Gunz and Tierra Marie got released before Budden.

Here is the album cover.
pQCnOma.png

shyt I remember. Burden had like 20 singles and nothing jumped off.:lolbron:

The track with Coke called Jingling Baby was dope.

Once he dropped Dumb Out he got a new following.

Soon

Banned
Daps
shyt I remember. Burden had like 20 singles and nothing jumped off.:lolbron:

The track with Coke called Jingling Baby was dope.

Once he dropped Dumb Out he got a new following.

Dumb out was crazy, but I was messing with him since the Dear Angie record. I don't remember him having 20 singles, Def Jam didn't really release singles like that.

Vilhena

All Star
Daps
Dumb out was crazy, but I was messing with him since the Dear Angie record. I don't remember him having 20 singles, Def Jam didn't really release singles like that.

They needed a radio friendly single to get him popping first. That can be a 3rd or 4th single once he's established.