Joe Budden Claims He Has A Better Mixtape Catalog Than Lil Wayne & 50 Cent

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Joe Budden has made the bold claim that he has a better mixtape catalog than both Lil Wayne and 50 Cent.

In a clip from a forthcoming episode of The Joe Budden Podcast that hit X (formerly Twitter) on Monday (October 7), the former Slaughterhouse rapper claimed that his mixtape discography — most prominent among which are the volumes of his criticallyacclaimedMood Muzik series — has stood the test of time.

The question was posed and co-hosts began debating the merits between Weezy and Fif, and Joe said again and again that he had the best collection of tapes.

When asked who else would be included, he said: “It’s me, it’s 50, it’s Fab[olous], it’s Kiss [Jadakiss], it’s Wayne.”

https://x.com/Chatnikka101/status/1...dden-better-mixtape-catalog-lil-wayne-50-cent

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I guess this is the part where we pretend Budden wasn’t nice bc he’s unlikeable :snoop:

Whether you agree is irrelevant. But if you don’t understand that it’s a conversation, you’re a casual. Budden is stampeded as having one of best mixtape series of all time …plus other great tapes

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Now that I think about it, once you zoom out to cultural impact, Budden has much more lasting and defining footprints. Or check that, good footprints

Budden has a legitimate claim to 3 things: rappers talking mental health, vulnerability in raps or ‘emo’ rap, and most importantly utlizing the internet to go straight to consumer. Budden was mocked for having “internet fans”, which sounds CRAZY to say now.

Wayne’s legacy when you zoom out is the birth of the druggie simp rapper AND overall culture. The transition from dealer to addict. From pimp to simp. We went from ‘you’re only a customer’ :myman:to ‘I feel like dying’ :snoop: We went from Nore giving Superhead her name and nggas runnin thru chicks and being above them, to Wayne wifing Superhead and ‘I don’t care if you was a prostitute….’

Even Wayne’s greatest ‘creation’, Drake, is actually a direct offspring of Budden.

Last edited:

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
I guess this is the part where we pretend Budden wasn’t nice bc he’s unlikeable :snoop:

Whether you agree is irrelevant. But if you don’t understand that it’s a conversation, you’re a casual. Budden is stampeded as having one of best mixtape series of all time …plus other great tapes
Mood Muzik series was great to me.
I don't know him or any artist personally to effect my life.
I can separate music from the person.