Jim Ryan chasing PC sales meanwhile.....

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Someone said in the comments, thats equal to about a quarter billion dollars in sales.

Those sales are probably funding a couple AAA games in development right now

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
:hubie:

2021W26.png

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's about almost 250 million dollars Sony made on them 3 games. Which two of them are some old ass games. What is the issue here. If anything this soldifies Sony dropping the whole slate of Playstation titles. God of war about to get them another million and Uncharted. You fanboys need to stop and just accept that Sony exclusives are eventually going to be multiplat and move accordingly.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
So another 1 mil after selling 20 on the PS4 is worth the "why buy a Playstation, I'll just get it on PC"
:jbhmm:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So another 1 mil after selling 20 on the PS4 is worth the "why buy a Playstation, I'll just get it on PC"
:jbhmm:

I don’t think Jim ryan is sitting around on twitter thinking whether or not he should make an extra quarter billion dollars based on console wars.

The only issue for SIE is whether or not it will drastically cut into hardware sales, which is why they are still doing the staggered releases.

People say they will wait for PC but those people weren’t gonna buy the games on PlayStation anyway. The people who were originally hype for Ragnarok, Forbidden West, Wolverine, Venom, are gonna still rush out and buy the games due to FOMO and probably buy them again on PC if they have one capable for playing it on max settings. Vast majority of people aren’t spending the money and time to build a PC to play games they can get on console for a fraction of the price.

This is just xbox stans throwing a victory parade because they were bullied about their games being day 1 on pc last gen

Last edited:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I don’t think Jim ryan is sitting around on twitter thinking whether or not he should make an extra quarter billion dollars based on console wars.

The only issue for SIE is whether or not it will drastically cut into hardware sales, which is why they are still doing the staggered releases.

People say they will wait for PC but those people weren’t gonna buy the games on PlayStation anyway. The people who were originally hype for Ragnarok, Forbidden West, Wolverine, Venom, are gonna still rush out and buy the games due to FOMO and probably buy them again on PC if they have one capable for playing it on max settings. Vast majority of people aren’t spending the money and time to build a PC to play games they can get on console for a fraction of the price.

This is just xbox stans throwing a victory parade because they were bullied about their games being day 1 on pc last gen

Well, people are saying day and date PC is coming, some might be trolling I dunno
I think Jim just wanna see money coming in, he don't GAF where it comes from
"I want our games to be enjoyed by hundred of millions" or something like that he said
but why is following MS strategy the thing to do
nikka, they in last place :mindblown:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Day and date will happen, peep the Nvidia leaks and that Sony just launched PlayStation pc

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Well, people are saying day and date PC is coming, some might be trolling I dunno
I think Jim just wanna see money coming in, he don't GAF where it comes from
"I want our games to be enjoyed by hundred of millions" or something like that he said
but why is following MS strategy the thing to do
nikka, they in last place :mindblown:

It’s not about microsoft. Sony relies on selling software and they mostly do it through their hardware, And that software is mostly 3rd party stuff like Genish Impact or 2k. Sony needs to ship a high number of hardware in order to get people buying MTX and software on their storefronts, that will never change despite what xbox or pc stans say.

The only way this business model changes is if Sony creates a PC storefront like microsoft/steam/epic where they control 100% of their revenue from that platform. Sony is not gonna forfeit that extra in-game money to PC platforms. It destroys their entire revenue stream

If sony feels like they are losing console sales because of it this the entire thing gets bushed before it begins.

Also, think about the type of games sony makes, they aren’t filled with any MTX or upgrades. They aren’t losing additional sales by porting 1st party games, they only gain revenue from it despite having to pay steam their 30%

Last edited: